Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Probably simple, but how do you toggle a User Preference in macro?
I need to toggle the "Update BOM" option on Document propertys. I know the API code for this, but how can I toggle it? If its off, I want it on, if its on, I want it off. Reason, I only want to...
2
2

Abilitare help db works
Unendo al file di registro la chiave qui allegata si abilita il funzionamento completo dell'help in linea di DB Works. Notare che comunque la cosa più corretta da aparte di MechWorks sarebbe...
1
1

Re: FreeDimension Better Than NURBS?
or facet / mesh / subdivision surface representations? Keep lookin', jon. No gold there.
8
8

Camworks
Well, the $21000 Camworks software has arrived. I have three days to learn it before the 5 axis router gets here. We still haven't hired the machinist to run the router yet. Any machinists familiar...
3
3

Mates Disabled - Why?
Occasionally when I'm working in an assembly the mate "paperclip" button gets disabled (greyed). I don't know what I did to cause this or how to re-enable it. Can anyone tell me how to re-enble...
3
3

functional hinges?
I use SW for digital content creation, so I am mostly modeling with the app (and still a relative noobie.) Can anyone direct me to a way to create a functional hinge or pivot point? I.E. a car door...
3
3

API-Locking external references
I am trying to add some code to my program that will lock all the external references for the active doc but I keep receiving an error stating "Expected function or variable". I can get it to work if...
1
1

Sheet format for multiple pages
I have SW drawing files with multiple sheets. We print these as PDF files once complete. One dept. would like the sheet format to be hidden. I can't just delete the format because these documents are...
2
2

SW- defined scale when inserting first view
Every time I insert the first view in a drwg, SW chooses a scale for the sheet. And every time I have to change that scale to something 2 to 4 x bigger. Is there a way to control this setting? SW2006...
9
9

Solidworks not working for particular users
We are in a corporate environment and have a few computers that have a strange behavior. From what I can tell this is a standard load of Windows XP. But for some reason this particular computer will...

Sub-assemblies in BOM
Have inserted my hardware in my assembly as subassemblies, now in the bom I want to just show the parts, bolt, nut, washer etc as seperate items with th ecorrect quantities. I also have configurations...
7
7

Small Holes Continued (On Thousands of Holes)
I dug up a good thread where a guy named iQ answered how to do thousands of holes in a part. That thread is here: I couldn't reply to that thread because it was too old but I have a few questions for...
3
3

SW Crash
I use SW on a Pentium D 2.8 GHz with 2 GB RAM and nVIDIA GeForce 6200 Turbo Cache. But the SW keeps crashing for some strange reason. Anyone has any idea whats going on?
4
4

Sheet Metal Bend Line Notes - how do you change tolerance??
I must be missing something here. I cant find where to change the tolerance of the bend angle that is displayed in the Bend Line Note. It currently comes up with 3 decimal places.
1
1

master model approaches
I'd like to collect some of your ideas on master model approaches. Master models can be solids or surfaces, but not all the tools work for both. Split and Save Bodies only work for solid bodies, not...
3
3