BALLOONING PROBLEM

Have an exploded assembly view that consists of a cylindrical water tank with 3 bands spot welded around the circumferance. 2 of the bands are the same, the third is a configuration of the other 2. The parts show up OK in the BOM but when I want to ballon the configuration the ballon number is the same as the other 2. Balloning works OK in my standard un-exploded assembly.

Any ideas?

Steve R

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

Are you using the Excel based BOM or the SWx version? Just curious as since SWks MMV, occasionally the balloons won't follow the assembly or Excel Bom order...I'm not sure if it's something I'm missing, but it happened to me so I use the SWx version exclusivly....

Scott

Reply to
IYM

Using the SW BOM table

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

In the Bill of Materials dialog box that appears there is a section called Part Configurations Grouping. The choices are:

- Display as one item

- Display configurations of the same part as seperate items

- Display all

- Display configurations with the same name as one item

I think you want no.2

- Display configurations of same part as seperate items

Reply to
George

Thanks that did the trick.

Reply to