Drawing Automation Question

Sanity check question.

If I create a step and repeat pattern of a rectangle in a drawing I cannot then drive the pattern count to another number as I can with a feature pattern in the solid model?

TIA

Guy

Reply to
Guy Edkins

The sketch "step and repeat" cannot be driven by a design table or an equation, if that's what you mean. You can change the number, but the "Fixed" switch has to be turned on, and you have to change it from the dialog. Just RMB on any patterned sketch entity.

matt

snipped-for-privacy@deltagl.com (Guy Edkins) wrote in news:fb3d08d9.0411020848.5bd17576 @posting.google.com:

Reply to
matt

Quite correct Guy. Step & repeat patterns within a sketch have there uses but they are not as powerful and controllable as a feature pattern. e.g. you can use a feature driven pattern to 'drive' an assembly pattern (bolts in flange holes), but you cannot do this with a sketch pattern.

Merry :-)

Reply to
Merry Owen