Hole Wizard Hangup

Anyone else having this problem? When I use hole wizard for any type of hole and I hit the OK button, it hangs for about 5+ seconds. We store our Toolbox files on the network, so I tried the default files that are stored locally, but it still does the same thing. We are using swx2007 sp3.1. We use Symantec anti-virus and we are also running DBworks. Everyone else here is also seeing this problem. Any insight/suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I don't see it and we have a similar setup. Which version of Symantec AV are you running?

TOP

Reply to
TOP

does it hang the first time you use hole wizard or does it do it everytime thoughout the day? you know all about how bob z. likes to unplug the network cable when diagnosing slow computers... :~)>

have you opened the taskmanager to see what your machine is doing during the 5 second 'hiccup'? is it looking at the network? is the cpu jumping up there?

bob z. is REALLY shooting in the dark here, but he couldn't resist jumping into an old friend's newsgroup posting.

bob z. p.s.Cry your eyes bloodshot while there's still time 'cause soon it's gone and you'll be so shocked one queen-sized

Reply to
bob zee

Are you using Solidworks then Jon??

I thought you were a VX fan and pusher????

The mind boggles!

Reply to
pete

We are running version program version 10.1.0.394 and scan engine version 71.2.0.12.

Reply to
Bill

It does it every time. It seems to be working now. Yesterday, I narrowed it down to a system option I believe. I had SWX bypass the system settings when starting and it worked great. So then I started going through all of my settings. I would turn stuff off or on then check it but it didn't seem to help. I also killed a lot of the startup programs including all of the symantec stuff. Nothing seemed to help yesterday, but this morning it runs like it should. :-/

Reply to
Bill