installing 2009 on vista 64 bit?

hasd anyone successfully done this? what is the trick? I have tried various approaches for the last 5 hours with no luck.

i have a brnad new vista 64 business setup. i have tried intalling the vista 64bit 2009 download and additional files but a few of them willl not install. i have tried the 2008 vista 64 download with no luck. i tried our 2008 xp 64 cd's we have with no luck. uuuugh! help me ppppplease. TIA!

Reply to
respectbeer

seems like ther was one but i forget what it said. an update i was able to work thru the prereqs and get them all "installed" i think except the windows desktop search of which i think isnt required for vista 64 according to microsoft and the vsta_aide. it appeared to install correctly but errors of i luanch it fro mthe programs directory. anywya, i was able to get the swx dload to install completely with no errors everything looks good. i restarted to be safe. when i hit the shortcut nothing happens. any ideas?

Reply to
respectbeer

if i browse to the actual solidworks.exe file and click it i get an error: C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\SLDWORKS.exe This application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail.

Reply to
respectbeer

event log Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\SolidWorks \sldworks.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.OpenMP,processorArchitecture=3D"amd64",publicKeyToken=3D"1fc=

8b3b9a1e18e3b",type=3D"win32",version=3D"8.0.50727.762" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
Reply to
respectbeer