SolidWorks on Vista

I logged in with the old 16 digit serial number and everything worked fine.

Paul Salvador wrote:

Reply to
Rock Guy

Geesh.

A workaround hack has already been found ;-)

Bo

Rock Guy wrote:

Reply to
Bo

It seems their server is knackered at the moment, I can't even get to

16:48 GMT

Reply to
pete

Daisy, (Flowerpot)

Yeah (no biggy), as Neil pointed out, Salvador is the correct spelling, not Salvatore. (I'll never understand why people get this wrong?) I have to agree with somethings you point out, Vista looks like another web noodles launch, imho. As a long time NT user, I personally remove ALL XP cute niceties! (significant speed increase for you who aren't aware) And, I have been using RSS feeds since getting FireFox (my main browser) and I agree with you on why are RSS feeds needed with SW? But,.. there is another side to this which I support,... getting information, such as, ng feeds or tutorial feeds from other sources, such as, your VAR and SW Corp on SPR's, updates or known issues! No doubt, Vista is a marketing bandwagon all these companies will soon be riding! Get out the pompoms, give me a V,.. give me a I,... give me a S,..! I'm not sure what the workflow thing is and based on the past, I don't think (and I very serious) SW Corp understands what workflow is!

OT: Anyhow, you're definitely a hard hitter! I've read some your stuff and you go for the jugglers man! Some valid slams and some slaps (at Ed) I don't understand, honestly. I can't tell you want to do, cuz I'm no angel, but I can only suggest making this forum experience less personal (that is, most of the people here are pretty good, compared to some public forums). Are there shills or people who align themselves because they have a motive or because they like to be members of the Water Buffalo club (Flintstones),... yep (sorry, but some of you are).

..cheers

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Hmm, could be the web admims are working on it or the databases are not up-to-date, a mix of 16 and 24 digit codes?

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Hey Paul, ever think about changing your name to El, maybe then people would be able to spell Salvador?

Not really insightful or witty, but I couldn't resist.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

oh, sorry. I guess I want to make you Italian. I think it's the passionate response you give mostly. I'll get it right next time.

Yeah, menus that slide and shadows and what not. I do use the Clear Type (lcd monitor) and the Show content of windows while moving.

I get email, newsgroups and rss in Mozilla. Keeps it all in one place. Used to be a big Netscape fan.

Yeah, I hate that. All of this fluff eye candy shit is going to make advertisements that much more annoying and that much more pervasive, and maybe that much more difficult to avoid.

To change workflow for the better would be a software content change. I get the feeling this Vista is just about visuals.

Some people (ed, bo) take themselves far too seriously and seem to expect others to as well. Others (kneel) are just anti-everything.

Geez, now that's funny. Water Buffalo club. I can see what you mean.

You posted something a few weeks ago that just made me laugh my ass off. It was a link to Carlos Mencia video (De De Deee) that was funny in a way that shit like that usually isn't. I mean it had a deeper positive meaning that you rarely find in that hip hop crap. I laughed about that for days and completely agree with his message.

Anyway, don't give 'em any slack. I'll get the spelling thing under control on my end.

Daisy.

Reply to
FlowerPot

And the jugglers do their act with flower pots?

Oh well, it is the end of the week.

Have a good weekend - Bo

Paul Salvador wrote:

I've read some your stuff and you go for the jugglers man!

Reply to
Bo

OT: ..is this now a anal spelling thang that comes from those cad/cam ng's? ,... "jugulars" or "jugulaires" (wee wee)

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Yep, I think the "workflow" is mainly about the visuals but also about their overhauled office gui.

Anyhow, glad you got the joke! (for those who don't get it)

And, yeah, Mencia's comedy style has been fun, I'm tired of all the religious political racist victimization crap in our (american) society and he does a real good job at showing how insane or twisted these basic issues are used/abused!

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Ditto, I entered the 16 digit and had the same go away you can't play message. Entered the 24 digit and all is well. Think I'll have those 24 digits tattooed on my ass in reverse so it'll be encrypted, unless I look at in the mirror.

John Layne

Reply to
John Layne

Reply to
mbiasotti

Jim S.

Reply to
Jim Sculley

Thanks for the try, but IE7 aborts the operation when trying to load that website.

--Scott

Reply to
swizzle

If you are serious, the irony is almost too much to bear.

Try:

Jim Sculley