startup problems

Hi all,

I've installed sw2008 sp0 but, when i try to start it, a dialog says me that some files are missing and i've to re-install sw otherwise some lightweight models can't start... After this start-up stops.

I can't use sw...

Could you help me?

Thank you vm

Marco

Reply to
Marco_Fontana

For starters what OS are you on?

What files does it say are missing?

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Win XP Pro sp2

some files... there is no specific name...

Thanks. Marco

Reply to
Marco_Fontana

First, make sure your installing with no anti-virus or other programs running.. second, SolidWorks is now at SP3.1 (4.0EV if your into that kinda thing) so you should install solidworks, then at least install SP3.1. if your still having problems. I might suggest contacting your VAR.

Reply to
tnik

I have had missing file problems during install, but never during run or startup. It would help if you can catch the exact wording of the dialog box when it happens. Sometimes an ALT-PrintScreen on the dialog and then dropping it into WordPad can efficiently catch these things for later examination.

You might also consider running RX and record the problem.

There is a repair facility in the installer. You could also try that or maybe you already have.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

I'll try...

My collegue has no problem using the same version an then upgrade to sp3.1... I think that the problem resides on framework...

Thank you

Reply to
Marco_Fontana