SW help launches AOL

When I click on Help>Solidworks Help Topics, it automatically tries to launch AOL. Is this a setting within SW, or how I've got AOL configured as default browser, or . . . . ?

Thanx Don

Reply to
Don97623

I think it's trying to access the internet. That might cause it to start AOL if you're using dial-up, I think. I get a similar thing where my firewall asks if I want SW to access the internet every time I open the help. I'd like to know what it's trying to do too.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Same here. I just say no when asked to connect. I do not use help that much but it is annoying and I do not want any programs connecting on their own. If it wasn't for the firewall SW would connect without asking. That should be my choice alone. Do not know how to turn this off. Rudy

Reply to
Rudy Kube

is it because performance email is enabled?

Reply to
3d

is it because performance email is enabled?

Reply to
3d

I believe this is related to the fact that the help window is IE based. Sounds like something got messed up in the registry.

Reply to
Jeff N