Using envelopes

Hello Everyone,

I have a part in my assembly that surrounds other parts. I would like to know if there is a way of treating this part as wireframe or transparent so the parts behind it don't show up hidden in the drawing. I thought about the part as wireframe IGES and bringing it back in but I need the parametrics. Thank you for your suggestions!

Jim

Reply to
Jim

If you had originally inserted it as an envelope part, you'd be set (unless it needs to appear in the BOM).

Can yo ujust hide the part? Either in the assembly or in drawing views, this should do the trick.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

If you set the transparency for the part in the actual assembly, it carries through to the drawing provided you are using shaded views. Sometimes you have to delete and redo your drawing view to get it to take.

Reply to
Brian

If you're using SW06, you can set the display state for the part to be wireframe while the rest of the display is shaded. Otherwise, you can make it shaded with edges and just turn it fully transparent, but you'll want to be careful about the setting for "Enable selection through transparency".

Matt

Reply to
matt