"View cannot be unfolder any further" ...what!?

Trying to create a cropped view of an assembly and I get the message "View cannot be unfolder any further" . The same command worked just fine 10 minutes earlier in the same drawing. I started a new drawing and got the same message... stoopid swx2006sp5

Any ideas of a workaround?

Reply to
wc

What are you trying to make a cropped view of?

TOP

Reply to
TOP

An assembly with no sheet metal parts, I've made several more drawings with these parts, just trying to make a simple exploded view 'detail'

T> What are you trying to make a cropped view of?

Reply to
wc

Not quite what I meant by the question.

Cropped view of a view, section, detail, etc. ?

TOP

Reply to
TOP

Try creating the crop view making sure the show in exploded state is UNCHECKED, after the crop view is been created then check the setting show in exploded state. This works using SW2007. I'm not sure if this works on SW2006

Reply to
Raul

Ah, sorry... It was a 'view' of an assembly, didn't seem like anything fancy, but apparently because it had 'view in exploded state' checked SW wouldn't crop it. Raul had the 'workaround' (or maybe it's that way by design) uncheck 'view in exploded state', crop the view, then re-check 'view in exploded state'...badda-bing it "works".

Hmm, WC

T> Not quite what I meant by the question.

Reply to
wc

Thanks, that was it!

Raul wrote:

Reply to
wc

I'm pretty sure that it goes back to 2004 and earlier. Good thing you remembered it!

Jerry Steiger

Small detail, it was an exploded view. If you want to drive somebody nuts, have them mate an exploded assembly.

TOP

Reply to
TOP