Wireless MSFT intellimouse problems

Maybe someone can help me with this.

My mouse won't let me rotate by holding down the wheel. If I plug a different mouse into the same computer it will. I have read some advice on how to disable the intellimouse features by specifying that solidworks be an exception in the software. But the advanced properties referred to in the advice don't exist now. Is there a way to do this in the registry or in the .inf file? Does anyone know a trick for this?

I have used intellimouse 5.0 and 4.2 looking for this already.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Boxertdog

Microsoft has removed this feature from Intellipoint 5.0. I'm not sure about 4.2 but 4.o does have it and works fine with SolidWorks after making the change in the advanced wheel options.

Dave H

Reply to
Dave H

Reply to
Boxertdog

We tried using the MS Wireless mice in our office with 3 users within 40 feet of eachother the problem we had was there are only 2 frequencies on these darn things and I was controlling the computer down the hall and he was like "WHAT THE!!!" I was rotating his part and such and I couldn't figure out why my mouse was acting funny. I don't know what MS was thinking when they only designed 2 channels in them. Yeah nobody ever works in cubicles or anything. They say that they only transmit about 6' well I guess they were wrong. Maybe in a lead room.

Sorry about that I was so excited to not be tied to my maching and then I found out that MS was putting out $50 pieces of $h!#. Now I am tied back down :^(

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Version 4.0 that is currently on MSFT site doesn't have this capability. It also is the oldest version that I can find there. So If you have a happy mouse be careful not to lose your software.

Reply to
Boxertdog

Try using them at a LAN party where 10 people are a few feet from one another. I think that the Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 uses more channels, but I found that it doesn't work well with pre 5.0 versions of Intellipoint. Which stinks for gaming cause I can't have program specific button settings anymore.

If anyone knows of any tricks to get 5.0 to do program specific button settings, please share.

Reply to
Jeff N