Ebay Butt Pain.

eBay suspended my account once for suspicious activity, I had moved from Texas to Ontario, and when I changed countries in my eBay profile it must of sent up a red flag on their end. I did phone them (didn't fax anything) and thing were fixed fairly quickly.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Freeth

I have never found a phone number for them and believe me I could have used it for a seller who sold a bunch of stolen equipment.

Reply to
Jon Miller

Hell, it's easy enough to just open a new account. S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster" "No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Reply to
SAIL LOCO

I got the exact same piece of garbage. (sh * tmail) I have NEVER had an Ebay account.....NEVER ! Not as Captain Handbrake, nor any other name or handle that I have ever used.

The whole thing sounds like yet another attempt to steal your money and/or identity.

Do NOT use the link supplied to contact the "Ebay" site. It is almost certainly a re-direct and will put you directly in touch with the thieves. It may also be infected with a browser hijacker such as Cool Web Search, About Blank or Slotch. All you have to do is open the page and, if you have not already updated your OS and immunized it, you will be automatically and instantly infected. I had to totally reformat the hard drive on a laptop yesterday (Friday) that belongs to a friend because it was infected by Slotch. I suspect she got it by responding to such a piece of sh * tmail like the one you got.

If your browser is still uninfected, go to Ebay directly and contact them and their fraud department about it.

Captain Handbrake

Reply to
Captain Handbrake

No, I'm not joking. Is there an element of humor in my suggestion that I'm unaware of? If so, please enlighten me.

Reply to
Wild Zontar

"If you see an item on eBay that you believe is stolen, your best course is to contact law enforcement immediately."

Ebay's phone numbers:

800-322-9266 888-749-3229
Reply to
Mark Mathu

The message that Bruce Favinger posted *was* the reply from eBay after he contacted them.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

I'm unaware of? If so, please enlighten me< The point being I have never found a phone number for ebay that you could call and have someone answer. If you have one could you post it please. Private email would be ok with me.

Reply to
Jon Miller

Sorry, Mark posted the numbers.

Reply to
Jon Miller

That is an option but then you become a brand-new user with no "feedback" history.

Reply to
Greg Pavlov

Why are they so sure your account had been compromised? It's quite possible because someone or some event at ebay did the compromising, and that ebay mgmt became aware of the event. Pain.

Reply to
Greg Forestieri