Is Sound the "Next Big Thing"?

Württemberg State Railways!

Reply to
Gregory Procter

This will be the second go-round then for smell. Years ago there was an outfit in the US called Olfactory Airs that marketed smell. Some of it was really good. They had burning coal, diesel exhaust, roasting corn and others as well. I don't think sewer gas or sewage treatment plant was among them though.

.................F>

Reply to
Froggy

I honestly don't know Rath. I was rather impressed by the product and actually purchased the burning coal scent. There were lots of others, but I just can't recall what the more "railroady" ones were.

It's one of those things where one day you happen to think, "Hey, I wonder what happened to those guys", you know? One day they were here and the next time I thought about them they were gone.

The stuff they made was very high quality stuff and it really did smell just like what it was supposed to smell like. A little bit went a long way such that a ¼ ounce bottle of the stuff could last for years.

...................F>

Reply to
Froggy

Greg, yes, Wurttemberg is correct, Trix are the mob who usually do Bavaria and Brawa Wurttemberg. Regards, Bill.

Reply to
William Pearce

They had all sorts of scents. I will have to dig up an old mag and check the ad. Coal, barnyard, citrus, you name it.

Reply to
MrRathburne

It's my modelling prototype! :-) As I understand the situation, these wagons came about for use in areas where the industrial revolution caused rapid population growth, but high water tables made sewerage systems difficult to install.

Pooling of wagons between various German/European railways was normal at the time, but these wagons were limited to specific areas and only short routes.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter