Realism Obsession BAD!

"Random Excess"
Hear, hear. These "amateurs" don't know what _real_ sound really sounds like. :-)
-- Cheers
Roger T. Theatre Technical Director.
Home of the Great Eastern Railway
Roger T.
Yeah, I can tell from your job description that you know what's up, however the best productions I ever saw, back when I lived in n NYC, were completely acoustic and the actors/musicians took care of business. Just my opinion, eh. Reproduce that acousticness and yer on the right track.
Tejas Pedro
Reply to
Random Excess
Random Excess skriver:
But why do you then have to talk down to those who have another hobby than you and think that you're right and others are wrong ?
Klaus
Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen
Klaus, my friend -
It was never my intention to "talk down" to anyone and certainly I have no clue as to if I'm "right," politics aside.
I've got a bit of HO train stuff and recently I've been enjoying structure construction and detailing. Meantime I dig flying R/C.
That's all. No talking down or any kind of harm intended.
Tejas Pedro
Reply to
Random Excess
Sorry, freind. No I don't and I didn't. Any feelings of inferiority are your own problem and none of my own.
Tejas Pedro
Reply to
Random Excess
My dad doesn't fly any more either, too old maybe, but then who knows.
The poor quality, price, and annoyance factor of more than one in the same area is a good reason why I don't plan on having many sound equipped locos if at all.
I suggested this a couple of weeks ago, and what I would like is a stationary sound decoder that can handle multiple speakers in a surrond sound environment.
The external sound decoder should also be capable of reading the assigned loco address of the DCC system network to determine it's speed and direction plus know when and where that loco is on the layout via transponding.
Alan
Reply to
Alan Gilchrist
I bet I had more fun with my c.1950 AF 290 passenger set with smoke, choo-choo and air-chime whistle than the majority of rivet counters on this group have ever had.
Sounds like a kid with a walkman radio having a conversation with an ochestra conductor.
Reply to
the OTHER Mike
I used to play baseball and basketball, but that was long ago. Was half-decent at the former, lousy at the latter. The thing about most sports is, once in a while you wind up in a game so good that it transcends all concepts of "winning" and "losing" and every player on the field or court comes out ahead irrespective of the final score.
Tejas Pedro
Reply to
Random Excess
I don't think it's a valid comparison. All of my layouts have been built at my eye level, so the underside details of my rollingstock are very visible. And my operating scheme is mainly concerned with low-speed shunting. Most of the modellers I know who are into superdetailing their locos and stock have eye-level layouts as well, so they too can enjoy looking at their handiwork.
But if the layout was three feet off the floor and full of trains screaming past at 50mph I doubt any of us would bother with details.
Cheers,
Mark.
Reply to
Mark Newton
A man and his son were walking through a cemetery. The boy asked, "Daddy, do they bury two people in the same grave?"
The father said, "Two people? Let me look."
So the father took a look, and sure enough, the marker said, "Here lies a symphony conductor and a humble man."
TP
Reply to
Random Excess

Site Timeline