Realism Obsession BAD!

Thats a lie, there has never been a humble conductor of any type.

Reply to
the OTHER Mike

Hence the *two* bodies, buddy.

TP

Reply to
Random Excess

I'm guessing that you're a violinist.

TP

Reply to
Random Excess

Just because he "fiddles about"?

Reply to
Steve Caple

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:36:17 -0500, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Random Excess instead replied:

First throne.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Random Excess spake thus:

Yes; now you know about all the viola jokes, right? Like:

Q: What's the difference between a viola and a trampoline? A: You take your shoes off to jump on a trampoline.

And this trickier one:

Q: What's the difference between a seamstress and a violist? A: The seamstress tucks up the frills.

But I also know one of the few *violin* jokes:

Q: Did you know that violins and violas are actually the same size? A: No, I did not know that. Q: Yeah; it's just that violinists' heads are so much bigger.

(tish-BOOM)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Ray Haddad spake thus:

Actually, that points out another of those American/Brit language differences: what we call a "concertmaster" you much more economically and concisely call the "leader".

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

the OTHER Mike spake thus:

Um, I think that's the point.

By the way, that joke is about an orchestra conductor. Anyone know any good jokes about railroad conductors?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

How can you tell a trombone players kid on the playground ?

he doesn't swing and has trouble with the slide.

Did you hear the one about the violinist that wanted to be a drummer but he was just a beat off ?

Yes, I'm a high school band director and I do know the difference between a moose and my band.

Reply to
the OTHER Mike

the OTHER Mike spake thus:

You mean your band has *antlers* in it? How weird.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl