Southern California Model Railroad Group

Well, of course *you'd* say that.

When asked, the lunatics will *always* tell you they're doing a great job of running the asylum...

Reply to
marknewton

"marknewton" wrote

I've *lived* it, doofus. Try touring through Mexico on a motorcycle some time if you'd care to learn the meaning of "corrupt"! Cops there will often stop you three of four times a day, and if you don't pay them off then you're going to jail and will never see your bike or any of your possessions again.

Yeah the USA's such an *awful* place! It's hard to understand why thousands of people are busting thier ass trying to get here by hook or by crook every day.

Must all be lunatics.

Troll.

Reply to
P. Roehling

"David Nebenzahl" wrote

Never said they all were. Nor do I think it.

But let us not pretend that today's Native Americans are a people apart, unanimously and irredeemably fated to slip ever deeper into drug-addiction, alcoholism, depression, starvation, and eventual suicide. (And face it: that's the picture a lot of people carry in their heads.)

In fact, those things are present in every ethnic group you can think of, are not unique to Native Americans, and most of the present-day Tribal members I've known are about as well-adjusted as the rest of us, I.E. 10% are folks who'd give you the shirt off their backs, 10% are wastes of protoplasm, and the remaining 80% are just trying to get through the day like the rest of us.

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

"Paul Johnson" wrote

Shrug. I don't dislike Mexicans and I try not to argue with things like gravity.

Fact is, people -*any* people- will willingly break the law rather than see their children go hungry, and there is very little work to be found in Mexico that will support a family.

As surely as gravity will drop a bowling ball on your foot, the availability of well-paid jobs in America will draw the world's needy, and that's unlikely to cease any time in the foreseeable future.

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

Hey, boah, y'all cain't talk about Texass that way.

Reply to
Steve Caple

I was talking about California, you know, the state that elected Reagan and opened the door for both Bush presidencies?

Reply to
Paul Johnson

On 10/31/2007 6:25 AM Paul Johnson spake thus:

And that could give us, gawd forbid, Ahnold in coming years (although that required Constitutional amendment would never pass ... would it?).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Feckless as Ronnie Raygun was, I think Tom deLay and Dick Armey and hordes of born agin fundamentalist fanatics (and the rich Eastern Elite who funded them) are much more responsible for Shrub. He makes his daddy look sane.

But then, we do have Pete Wilson to thank for "energy degegulation" in California, and that slick idiot actually giggled all the way to the bank with the Enronnies money and saw Gray Davis get recalled (and Ahhhhnmoald put in) when the impact of it struck. If Davis had had the nuts to send heavily armed police into the board rooms of the energy rapists and seize their books and computer files he might have survived, but he was too much a nebbish to even think of it.

Reply to
Steve Caple

reservations here (U.S.) are actually in some ways sovereign territory, not subject to the same laws in the same was as the rest of the country.<

While not totally understanding all this there is something in the West call title 11 or 13 or something like that. This means in those states the feds pay the local law to apply the law to tribal lands. And while there are tribal police they do not interact much with the local law however this depends on the people (Deputies) and tribal (Deputies) more than the rules. It all gets very complicated and confusing.

Reply to
Jon Miller

People generally try to move from places where life is untenable to somewhere better - that would make the USA better than Mexico, Cuba, Columbia ... WOW!

Meanwhile here in New Zealand we're being over-run with escaping yanks.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On 10/31/2007 10:01 AM Steve Caple spake thus:

You're wrong about who's responsible for the distastrous deregulation debacle. While I'm sure Wilson and like-minded "free-marketeers" were quite happy with it, it was actually Gray Davis who we can blame for it; to be specific, it was a *Democrat*, Steve Peace, who was primarily responsible for that act of lunacy. You could look it up.

So really, Davis did deserve to be recalled; just not for the reasons for which it happened. (Maybe I *should've* voted for Gary Coleman ...)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 08:22:19 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Existence of what?

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 08:27:55 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

They all dream the impossible dream. To teach a Kiwi.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

In that case they're all very good conartists - they claim to be escaping!

Reply to
Greg Procter

Did somebody say something?

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:49:42 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

No. Unlike you, I don't move my lips or speak when I type.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:48:59 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Nonsense. They are leaving the overcrowding from immigrants to the US. New Zealand has plenty of pasture for them.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

If you did then you might become aware of the stupid things you type!

Reply to
Greg Procter

It's good to hear the spin you yanks use to defend your mangled egos!

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:09:17 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Really? Look at your sentence up there. Aboriginies? Existance? Ignorance must be such bliss to you.

Besides, mate, you discuss things from your own warped perspective rather than reality. When I joke about it, you get hostile. Grow up. Greg. Be a real man for a change. Stop your political rantings and do try to apply yourself to model railroading for a while.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad