Southern California Model Railroad Group

Ray Haddad wrote:

It's good to hear the spin you yanks use to defend your mangled egos!
Greg.P.
On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:10:25 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Yes. We do have standards. None of which you could ever hope to meet. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

I have no wish to ever get that low.
On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:56:32 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Thank God for small favors. You're already so low you have to stand on a 10c piece to look at a 5c piece. Can't get much lower. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

I could have been an Australian!
On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 11:17:34 +1300, Greg Procter wrote:

<snip>
How about both of you take your insults to email and let the rest of us get back to model railroading?
On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:41:12 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Perhaps he'll listen to you. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

I subscribe to this ng out of interest in the group subject, to learn, to pass the time and to help others. I haven't initiated political discussion. I have initiated railway discussion from time to time.
Regards, Greg.P.
On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 09:09:25 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Yet you choose, time and time again, to bag Americans, Australians and any other "group de jour." -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

That would be more "Group de post guerre" than group de jour".
I _respond_ Ray, I don't initiate your bagging.
If I remember correctly, your antagonism started when I made comments in regard to DCC, and you haven't let up since.
On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 11:32:03 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

I don't use DCC. I have no idea what you are recalling but it wasn't me or it wasn't about DCC. Point is, I don't really like your arrogance, unequivocal posting style or your lack of real knowledge. You scamper off to the Web or Wiki every time a subject comes up and pretend to be an instant expert. You are often wrong, as many here with real expertise point out to you, yet you continue to use bad ideas and bad references as your own brand of reality. Then, when challenged, you turn pompous and nasty. That about sums you and your posting history up on rec.models.railroad, Greg.
Except for one last thing. When you are cornered, you start referring to Yanks and Aussies using taunts to distract readers from your absolutely bogus claim to real knowledge. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

Fair enough.

Nor I yours.

If you knew as much I wouldn't have to post anything.

Err, I very rarely scamper off to the web for information - I certainly wouldn't go to Wikipedia!

Of course I'm often wrong - but people here pointing out to me that they consider I'm wrong doesn't make me wrong, any more than the your village idiot telling you you're right would make you right.

If that's the case we make a good pair Ray.

P. Roehling wrote:

You're talking about petty, opportunistic corruption now, are ya? I got the distinct impression that wasn't the subject. More like the corruption of those at the top, the governments and ruling parties. You knew that, too.
But since you mention it, you've toured those other places on a bike? The comparison and rating is valid? Nah, didn't think so.

You said it!

Simple geography. You share a border with Mexico, so that's where they go. If it was another country, they'd go there instead.

The default response of anyone without a decent case to make...Good on yer!

That's not true. For it to be true, all indian reservations would have to be within California.

Groom Lake would be high on the list.
Cheers, John

Never mind Groom Lake is in Nevada, though I'd tend to agree pretty much anybody hanging out in that region that doesn't live or work there probably belongs in California...
Paul Johnson wrote:

Err, well, surely the Indians have more sense than to live in countryside that burns every year???

Yes, they do. But at the time the reservations were created, the Indians didn't have much of any say or choice in the matter. Which is why I said if indian reservations were always wasteland, there wouldn't be any reservations outside California.

Now you are talking about my home, put up your dukes!
Jon Miller wrote:

You live on an Indian reservation???