Southern California Model Railroad Group

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:10:25 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Yes. We do have standards. None of which you could ever hope to meet.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

You're denying the existance of Australian Aboriginies???

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

I have no wish to ever get that low.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:55:51 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

I'm poking fun at your inability to spell properly. Must be a Kiwi thing.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:56:32 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Thank God for small favors. You're already so low you have to stand on a 10c piece to look at a 5c piece. Can't get much lower.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Ohh, I thought you were making a joke - I over-rated you.

Reply to
Greg Procter

I could have been an Australian!

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 11:16:58 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

You ARE the joke, Greg. Get used to it.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Yeah Ray, whatever. I over-rated your abilities.

Reply to
Greg Procter

You're talking about petty, opportunistic corruption now, are ya? I got the distinct impression that wasn't the subject. More like the corruption of those at the top, the governments and ruling parties. You knew that, too.

But since you mention it, you've toured those other places on a bike? The comparison and rating is valid? Nah, didn't think so.

You said it!

Simple geography. You share a border with Mexico, so that's where they go. If it was another country, they'd go there instead.

The default response of anyone without a decent case to make...Good on yer!

Reply to
marknewton

Sure, and you can even keep trying to suck us dry, but don't take our water.

Reply to
Steve Caple

How about both of you take your insults to email and let the rest of us get back to model railroading?

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Peace authored the bill; but Wilson was pushing for it. I don't know - and I doubt you do, or if anyone not having tapes of the legislative sessions, including the back room ones, can - just what compromises were forced into the bill. I agree Peace was an idiot to tumble onto the bandwagon of those fanatical believers in the God of the Free Market and His Invisible Hand. He has said he expected FERC to prevent just the sort of game playing that Enron and their ilk did, but then, we know who was getting Enron money and who appointed the FERCing bastards who nodded and winked as they screwed most of the west coast. We just don't know who was in those energy policy meetings with Dickhead Cheney or what they talked about, but we can make reasonable inferences.

Reply to
Steve Caple

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:41:12 -0700, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Larry Blanchard instead replied:

Perhaps he'll listen to you.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

I subscribe to this ng out of interest in the group subject, to learn, to pass the time and to help others. I haven't initiated political discussion. I have initiated railway discussion from time to time.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 09:09:25 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

Yet you choose, time and time again, to bag Americans, Australians and any other "group de jour."

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

That would be more "Group de post guerre" than group de jour".

I _respond_ Ray, I don't initiate your bagging.

If I remember correctly, your antagonism started when I made comments in regard to DCC, and you haven't let up since.

Reply to
Greg Procter

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 11:32:03 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Greg Procter instead replied:

I don't use DCC. I have no idea what you are recalling but it wasn't me or it wasn't about DCC. Point is, I don't really like your arrogance, unequivocal posting style or your lack of real knowledge. You scamper off to the Web or Wiki every time a subject comes up and pretend to be an instant expert. You are often wrong, as many here with real expertise point out to you, yet you continue to use bad ideas and bad references as your own brand of reality. Then, when challenged, you turn pompous and nasty. That about sums you and your posting history up on rec.models.railroad, Greg.

Except for one last thing. When you are cornered, you start referring to Yanks and Aussies using taunts to distract readers from your absolutely bogus claim to real knowledge.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Fair enough.

Nor I yours.

If you knew as much I wouldn't have to post anything.

Err, I very rarely scamper off to the web for information - I certainly wouldn't go to Wikipedia!

Of course I'm often wrong - but people here pointing out to me that they consider I'm wrong doesn't make me wrong, any more than the your village idiot telling you you're right would make you right.

If that's the case we make a good pair Ray.

Reply to
Greg Procter