The Incredible Shrinking Model Railroader Magazine ?!

It could be that folks have found the "Good" online "Forums" such as

The Gauge

or Railroad-Line

Unlike a text only newsgroup, both of these forums allow the use of Photos and active links. Also, the retention of messages is much longer, you can go back and access great information several months and in some cases a year or two.

I find much more useful information and find it faster and easier on the forums, newsgroups are just like the "coffee shop" of the internet. I come here to listen and joke. When I want to find real info, I go to the internet equivelent of the research library, the online "Forum".

Reply to
wannandcan

=>Look how the number of rail related posts on the group has shrunk over the =>past few months.

Since I've put a number of people in my killfile, the ratio of good stuff to crap has improved enormously. I checked this thread just to see whether anybody had any fact-backed opinions about MR, and it's obvious I missed a number of posts by the usual suspects. Have no idea how many. Killfiles work!

Wolf Kirchmeir ................................. If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on this train? (Garrison Keillor)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir