Ultimate digital caliper for modelers.

Fosters and American export beer are both as much like gnats piss as beer. I'll add NZs export Steinlager to that list for the sake of fairness.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Actually, yes I do have a clue to the history of the area called Vietnam

- the indigenous people were actually there _before_ the Chinese, the French and the UN/USa. You may well feel the need to argue about who the indigenous people actually are, but whatever and whoever, the Vietnamese people actually predate the US occupation and application of a repressive and corrupt dictatorship of the type which the US particularly favours.

I merely commented on an existing thread in a ng I regularly observe. Do you have any justification for _your_ crossposting?

Reply to
Greg Procter

The "original" gunner Asch would have shit all over Bush and his ilk.

Reply to
Steve Caple

There's more like GWBush??? AAHRGGG!

Reply to
Greg Procter

FYI --

While an incredible incompetet f*ck up as SECDEF, Rummy did serve a long time in the USN in the 1950s and was a fighter pilot.

There is much to criticize regarding Rummy, Cheney and Bush in termsof their policy and prformance of heir duties from 2000 to present

There is at least as much to criticize in the performance of Clinton, Gore and Berger, among others.

Stupid factual mis statements and gutter descriptions have no usefulness in any rational discussion of how we got to where we are and where we go from here.

And none of this discssion belongs in either of the two groups where it is being posted.

Grow up, children.

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

Powell ?

Armitage?

And we can all see how well

Good story. But in the real world, Shinseki served out his full term as Army Chief of Staff. He was not renominated for a second term as COS (very few are) and was not nominated to be Chairman of the Joint Chiefs.

There is much to criticize regarding Rummy, Cheney and Bush in terms of their policy and performance of their duties from 2000 to present

There is at least as much to criticize in the performance of Clinton, Gore and Berger, among others.

Stupid factual mis statements and gutter descriptions have no usefulness in any rational discussion of how we got to where we are and where we go from here.

And none of this discssion belongs in either of the two groups where it is being posted.

Grow up, children.

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:53:33 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and jJim McLaughlin instead replied:

Yet here you are doing just that.

Indeed. Do so. When you get there, come back.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Salvé

If Greg has a reasonable reason for dislike of the USA Government so be it, a stupid policy regarding Lamb ( not mutton) that the USA has re New Zealand Lamb which is their main export and main money earner is a reasonable reason. Personally as someone who lived in Ulster from 1969 to

1981 I still remember the furor over the refusal of the USA Government to allow sales of the Ruger pistol to the Royal Ulster Constabulary as it MIGHT be used against terrorists in the still ongoing civil war in that unfortunate Province, I am still mindfull of my feelings at having to shelter unarmed whilst one of the before mentioned terrorists shot at me with his USA manufactured automatic rifle (Armalite ) with USA manufactured bullets both ofcourse naturally financed by the peace loving citizens of the USA, at the time I was a civillian and was taking cover along with others amongst whom were children and women, this latter factor meant nothing to the IRA types enjoying shooting at defenceless tagets or apparently to the USA Government in their denying the policeforce a weapon that was effective in the urban chaos of Belfast et all, as i dug the chips of cocncrete out of my skin later did I have the right to dislike the USA government ? I have many personal friends who are USA citizens knowing them in the flesh so to speak (ie not internet pals), not that the most of them like their government either.... but like Greg I reserve the right to dislike a goverment that is hypocritical in the extreme, has on occasion tried to help people murder me and no I'm not an arab I'm British oh yes as far as mutton is concened its a good meat and its damned hard to make a good Shepherds Pie witout it or Scouse for that matter anyone who personally e-mails me can have recipes :) AND yes I did like the big GM diesels that ran on the main Belfast -Dublin Line they looked like nothing else on anyone elses railways and looked the buisness as they hammered occasional through Ballymena as i stood on the platform waiting for my ever late girlfriend to turn up.......now if some one knows how to get women to turn up on time......... Valè Beowulf
Reply to
Peter Forden

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 23:22:12 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and David Nebenzahl instead replied:

Trust me, David. I'm not going to complain about it. That's the difference.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Ray Haddad spake thus:

And so are you.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Ray Haddad spake thus:

Oh, I see: it's perfectly OK to pontificate, cajole, chide, scold, kibbitz, run your mouth, etc.; just so long as you don't *complain*.

Glad I know the rules now, "mate".

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

WOW! The US won't allow the importation of Haggis starter kits!! The negotiator must have actually met Greg. I can't imagine any other reason to be that cruel.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 23:50:21 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and David Nebenzahl instead replied:

You surely must be able to tell that I oppose those characteristics, mate. I'm in favor of anarchy here. Yours included. In fact, there's no choice in the matter. Anyone can post on any subject or topic that they wish to here. The newsgroup names are nothing more than suggestions, mate. Relax.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

You guys aren't gonna get married on us, are ya?

Reply to
Steve Caple

LOL! You're not wrong about that!

Reply to
Mark Newton

Why would the Royal Ulster Constabulary need Rugers?, are there no Rolyal Enfields? And how is it possible to have automatic rifles with the UK firearm laws. Roger Aultman

I still remember the furor over the refusal of the USA Government to allow sales of the Ruger pistol to the Royal Ulster Constabulary as it MIGHT be used against terrorists in the still ongoing civil war in that unfortunate Province, I am still mindfull of my feelings at having to shelter unarmed whilst one of the before mentioned terrorists shot at me with his USA manufactured automatic rifle (Armalite ) with USA manufactured bullets both ofcourse naturally financed by the peace loving citizens of the USA,

Valè Beowulf

Reply to
Roger Aultman

Steve Caple spake thus:

In case you didn't catch it, those were sneering quotation marks I used.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:16:42 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and David Nebenzahl instead replied:

You see the problem here, mate?

You're not as smart as he thinks you are.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

True indeed.

And all over most Democrat pols too.

But Herbert was a pragmatist also.

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner

Jewellery (offer of) seems to be a possibility.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter