Ultimate digital caliper for modelers.

Woo, woo, hold hard, red light! Ray isn't Australian. He's a blow-in from the US.

Reply to
Mark Newton

It's addressed to you. It has your name in it, and quotes your posts.

Reply to
Mark Newton

David, *nobody* in Australia drinks Fosters. You'd be hard pressed to find a bottlo that even sells it.

Reply to
Mark Newton

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 09:24:46 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Mark Newton instead replied:

Thank you, Mark. I do love it here and along with my wife, who IS an Aussie, live permanently in the Perth area.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 09:30:52 GMT, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Mark Newton instead replied:

The ads on TV in the US say, "Fosters. It's Australian for beah!" Fosters is pretty grim stuff. Pure Blonde is my choice!

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

It has several peoples quotes in it.

As I stated..the quote setup leaves much to be desired.

As others mentioned the obvious answer to your question quite handily..Ill not bother.

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner

But is it "Made from Beer"?

Reply to
Steve Caple

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 10:32:21 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Steve Caple instead replied:

It's made from the stuff that eventually becomes Vegemite.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Careful - someone might decide to take out your biological WMD.

Reply to
Steve Caple

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 13:41:33 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card" and Steve Caple instead replied:

Ah, then you've had some Vegemite at some point. Nasty. Very nasty.

-- Ray

Reply to
Ray Haddad

Salvé

Dear All, When learning to use a capstan lathe as well as various type of engineering gear (back in the 70´s)the old boy teaching me told me to buy a) a flexible six inch engineering rule and b) a Zeus book, the Zeus book is a plasticised booklet which contains information on threads (not this one.....) screws bolts etc and I (assuming you can still buy it in the U:K: and elsewhere) suggest you zoom down to your ironmongers (hardware shop) and demand one instantly :) The Zeus book or its equivalents are so damned useful for working out what type of thread you want to use BW Whitworth cycle , metric etc that I dont see how a model maker working in metal can do without one, every time I'm in the U.K. I have to buy one as "friends " keep borrowing mine...... Beowulf

Reply to
Peter Forden

Salvé

Which is why here in Sweden they still use pre metric measurements equivalent to feet (fot) yards (Aln) and inches (Tum) and the local narrow guage railway 50 aln away from my flat has a gauge of three swedish feet.... oh yes lumber can also be bought in pre metric sizes. Beowulf

Reply to
Peter Forden

Yes, I have one similar to that - however in the specific instance I quoted I didn't take it with me, nor would it have been of much use and more importantly the screws in the hardware shop were in sealed clear plastic containers and the descriptive label quoted only length and "gauge" without stating thread type or whose "gauge" they fitted. The diameter required was dependant on the tubing I could purchase. (i.d. unknown until purchased)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

And thus, the lack of records is explained away.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

But isn't it interesting how theydon't even try to explain how he got to the top of the list to get in the lifeboat - er, uh, the TANG.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Several? Try two - yours and mine.

You'll not bother because you have no sensible answer to the question. If you're going to try to portray George W. Bush as some kind of macho warrior president, check your facts first.

Reply to
Mark Newton

So you have an opinion that explains this, correct? Your opinion is noted..

Say..have an opinion about this:?

Clinton's Military record:

Bill Clinton registers for the draft on September 08, 1964, accepting all contractual conditions of registering for the draft.

Given Selective Service Number 3 26 46 228.

Bill Clinton classified 2-S on November 17, 1964.

  • Bill Clinton reclassified 1-A on March 20, 1968.
  • Bill Clinton ordered to report for induction on July 28,1969.
  • Bill Clinton dishonors order to report and is not inducted into the military.
  • Bill Clinton reclassified 1-D after enlisting in the United States Army Reserves on August 07,1969 under authority of Col.E.Holmes. and takes oath of enlistment.
  • Bill Clinton fails to report to his duty station at the University of Arkansas ROTC, September 1969.
  • Bill Clinton reclassified 1-A on October 30, 1969, as enlistment with Army Reserves is revoked by Colonel E. Holmes and Clinton now AWOL and subject to arrest under Public Law 90-40 (2)(a) 'registrant who has failed to report...remain liable for induction'.
  • Bill Clinton's birth date lottery number is 311, drawn December 1,
1969, but anyone who has already been ordered to report for induction, is INELIGIBLE!
  • Bill Clinton runs for Congress (1974), while a fugitive from justice under Public Law 90-40.
  • Bill Clinton runs for Arkansas Attorney General (1976),while a fugitive from justice.
  • Bill Clinton receives pardon on January 21, 1977 from Carter.
  • Bill Clinton FIRST PARDONED FEDERAL FELON ever to serve as President.

All these facts come from Freedom of Information requests, public laws, and various books that have been published, and have not been refuted by Clinton.

Political Correctness

Gunner

Try again.

macho warrior president? Blink blink? You been reading Dastardly Dickies books again and this is what you are using as some definition of what a "warrior" is supposed to look like??????

Blink blink...whooo boy...you really dont get out much do you?

Best killer I ever knew was about 90lbs soaking wet and looked like a very unassuming asian lawn jockey in a loin cloth.

Second best was a tall spindly dude that looked like a uber-geek..and he was actually. Type you would expect to have a pocket protector filled with mechanical pencils and a slide rule holster. After the Nam..he graduated from MIT and is a uber-geek with Dow.

When he put on his war face....brrrrr..scary scary dude to watch him work with a garrot or bicycle chain or a blade. Few of his co-workers would ever in their most delusional periods, guess the dude was a stone killer with nerves of ice.

Gunner

Political Correctness

Gunner

Hi Gunner,

You clearly know a lot about metal working and often have something useful to add. I wanted to thank you for suggestion I contact Leigh in Costa Mesa about a Lathe. I appreciate your input.

So, why do you post so many off-topic political rants? These never-ending political arguments add nothing to the subject of metalworking, convince no one, and just make the newsgroup much less useful.

I usually add frequent OT participants to my killfile. I do not want to loose your advice, but I get very tired of reading through the many pointless (and improperly labeled!) postings.

Scott

Reply to
Scott

Despite your mistaken knee-jerk jingo belief that I have any beliefs invested in Clinton (beyond the belief that his inability to keep his dick in his pants was incredibly stupid), you might have bothered to read up a little on his draft status.

"the events outlined above are basically correct, at least until the author draws the fallacious conclusion that Clinton was a criminal for his actions. ... Clinton subsequently, though family and political connections, obtains a Navy Billet from the local naval reserve unit and temporary draft protection from the Garland County Draft Board, allowing him to start at Oxford - special treatment that was not uncommon for Rhode's Scholars of the day. ... While his conduct may have been immoral and was undoubtedly unethical, it was not illegal under the laws at that time and, thus, the conclusion drawn that he was the first pardoned criminal to serve as President is fallacious. He craftily manipulated the system, but he had the proper and legal right to do everything he did. He was never AWOL, never guilty of failing to report, was never a criminal under public law and, thus, was not among those pardoned by President Carter in 1977."

If Clintin's use of political influence stirs abhorrence in your breast, then you must be incredibly disgusted with Shrub-boy, Cheney, Feith, Wolfowitz, and the rest of that whole sick NeoCon koolaid sucking crew.

Reply to
Steve Caple