Ultimate digital caliper for modelers.

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:14:23 -0600, Roger Aultman wrote:


Well, our southern textile industry would have been happy to supply the RUC with tested sheets and hoods, manufactured with all appropriate Calvinist hatered and self-righteousness.
--
Steve

Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Salv้

manufactured
the
RUC
Dear Steve, I assume you think that the RUC is entirely Protestant, well it isnt, there is a healthy sprinkling of RC's who have dared to join it against the will of the communist terrorists such as the provos and they live in daily fear of being assassinated or having their children murdered, as has unfortunately happened only too often in the past, your KKK peopel would find like minded people amongst the rank and file of the provo's who just like to maim , injure and terrorise, and I thank you for shewing that you identify with the terrorists , I do hope your FBI take note, tho as you are probably not from the middle east they more than likely wont. beowulf
Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:23:15 GMT, Peter Forden wrote:

I rather think the provos were to a degree engendered by the actions of those Paisleyite (and worse) members of the RUC.

Shame! You sound like Karl Rove or a 1950s McCarthyite. I have no brief for the Provos or for any armed wing of the IRA,and have never given them a dime. But I think the worst things ever happened to Ireland were The Catholic Church, the English, and the introduction of pinch-souledScots Calvinists tossed of their own lands by greedy English allied "nobility".
--
Steve

Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Salv้

middle
a
Dear Steve, Your ignorance of the situation in Ulster is not suprising to me, however you should know in your little racist tirade that the Scots people originate from Ulster, hence the latin name for Ulster "SCOTIA"( ie Land of the Scots) when the Romans extreminated half the population of Caledonia (Known as Caleds the half were known as Picts)through starvation the Scots migrated to what is now known as Scotland and laid claim to the empty lands once ruled by the Caleds, they created a nation known as dal Riada which lasted to I believe circa 1200 and later became known as we know it today Scotland, the fact that the scots never completely left Ulster which has never politically been a part of Ireland (A completely seperate race of celts) the fact that the Irish have waged war for 2500 years in order to exterminate the Ulster people,(scots) the fact that the Normans in the 11/1200ดs tired of Irish slave and pirate raids on the English and Welsh coasts and invaded, the fact that you dont know these things but are content to utter ignorant opinions doesnt suprise me in the least, the English (who didnt exist as a people before 1300!) inherited Ireland in a manner of speaking because its high King had sworn fealty to a norman King and then another High King later broke this trust (treaty if you prefer)and under the norms of the day started a war with England, not the English starting a war with the Irish, Irealise that for an american the irish are all romantic wee fellows with crooked sticks and fairies on the brain, a fact which would suprise and irritate many Irish, who are fast becoming one of Europes most modern countries,I myself am part Irish and part Scot and am proud of both heritages , I dont particularly like the Orange or Black lodges, but if one has been in a war that has lasted so long then its not suprising that the both sides have a tendency to hate each other these days, I make allowances for that you apparently are to ill educated to make any allowance for anything. I dont intend to reply to any reply to this post I've no idea who Karl Rove is, an ameican politician I suspect, I've heard the name a few times but never been bothered enough to learn more about him , that his name in Swedish means arse says enough..... I'm not a McCarthyite, I've never hated anyone that much, and I hope I never shall. As a last little piece of knowledge for you The scots people have in one way and another been in Ulster for c9000 years whereas the Irish have been in Ireland for only 2500 years so I think we can guess who is in the right in the war over the rights to Ulster. The fact is thแt the Irish Problem is complex, its history far more complex than you can even believe, its a race war thee days with the Irish being the villains and the Ulster people wanting only peace and never getting it thanks to americans sending money to the IRA, thanks to the USA government supporting the IRA and giving them a safe haven in the USA, I pray that that policy wont backfire, but I can bet you it will and you'll be having a Belfast situation in downtown Chicago or New York or L.A. Val้ Beowulf
Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Peter Forden spake thus (responding to Steve Caple):

1. Learn to use punctuation. Your sentences go on and on and on ...
2. Learn to break up your prose into paragraphs: reading your messages is like trying to read chunks of concrete.
3. What the hell does "Vale" mean?
4. Since when did the U.S. give aid and comfort to the IRA? As I remember it, we (the U.S. government, officially), had them pegged as "terrorists".
--
Don't talk to me, those of you who must need to be slammed in the
forehead with a maul before you'll GET IT that Wikipedia is a
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

(google for "salutation Vale"): --> The Romans applied --> Salve! "Be in health!" especially to meeting, and --> Vale! "Be well!" to parting.
Well, I think I will mosey along over to one of the moderated web forums:     maybe http://groups.yahoo.com     or maybe http://www.trains.com/trc/CS/forums /
It has been an - umm - "interesting" experience. At least it has helped me decided that I have to break a 15-16 year old habit and just give up on unmoderated newsgroups. Seems Dave (Fischer) was right when he in a memorable quote labelled '93 as "the year September never ended" :-)
Anyways - live long and prosper! Have fun!
Grin, Stein
Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Royal Enfield Rifles havent been standard issue since the 60ดs and the Ruger pistols were ...pistols, the police in Northern Ireland have always been armed and the Fire arm laws in the Uk refer mainly to civillian useage not military or police useage, the UK policeforces regularly use firearms against armed villains (crooks) but beat coppers do not requiere arms atall, in fact batons (Truncheons) are optional for them , they can and often do refuse to carry them. The pistols the RUC needed were pistols not rifles, and considering how heavily armed an american policeman is armed dont you think that refusing their sale to an allied nation whilst selling anti aircraft missiles to the Taliban is just a little hypocritical?
Beowulf
Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Peter Forden wrote:

I was thinking of the Enfield revolvers, perhaps they are no longer produced. I never witnesed sales of anti aircraft missiles to the Taliban, though I will take your word for it. Roger

Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Peter Forden wrote:

Jewellery (offer of) seems to be a possibility.
Regards, Greg.P.
Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
More likely envy than hate. Roger Aultman

Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Roger Aultman wrote:

That sounds like unreasoning stupidity - you don't have anything to envy.
Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 07:53:20 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

And here I was believing that you were about to give up on personal attacks here, Greg. -- Ray
Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ray Haddad wrote:

I was responding to Roger Aultmann's line: "> >> More likely envy than hate."
It's a line that is frequently trotted out by yanks and I can only imagine that it stems from your brainwashing - it certainly merits my description of "unreasoning stupidity", or can you come up with some reasoned justificationin support of it? Not just something that satisfies you, but something, anything that might cause me envy?
Regards, Greg.P.
Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:24:00 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Greg, you decried the personal attacks in a post and then did it yourself. You got caught. Stop trying to weasel out of it by making yet another personal attack on me. That's your style, mate. It's what you do. Denying it or stating that you don't like it and then doing it yourself has a name.
Hypocrisy. -- Ray
Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ray Haddad wrote:

Show me where I've ever made a personal attack other than in response to a personal attack initiated by others, yourself included.
"That sounds like unreasoning stupidity" is a comment relating to the post, not an attack on the poster. "you don't have anything to envy." is a statement which I believe to be true in as much as Roger's response was to me and therefore begs a comparison between the USa and New Zealand. It certainly seems to deserve the "unreasoning" label which in turn deserves the "stupidity" label.
Regards, Greg.P.
Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
This brings to mind my cousins quote when she was teased about being of Luxenbourger descent. "There are those who are and those who wish they were". Roger Aultman (one n)
Greg Procter wrote:

Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:39:37 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

A personal attack is a personal attack whether it's by origin or in reply. You don't get it, do you? People here laugh at you when you moan about others attacking you while you do it yourself in the very next post you make.
You can't have it both ways, Greg. Either you demonstrate what you preach or give it up. There's nothing at all wrong with a personal attack. This newsgroup and many others are inhabited by (guess what?) persons who sometimes get up each others' noses. It goes with having an opinion. What is laughable is your attempt to squelch anyone who disagrees with you by calling it a "personal attack" until you disagree with someone and make a personal attack.
I'm absolutely positive that you won't have a clue or even a glimmering of understanding of this concept but the fact is all you have to do is stop using that nonsense in an attempt to stifle disagreement while you do it yourself to (guess what?) stifle anyone who disagrees with you.
Here's a clue for you, mate. Don't be a contentious idiot and you won't suffer personal attacks. Get it? -- Ray
Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ray Haddad wrote:

You don't get it, do you? My replies may well return personal attacks in response to personal attacks, but they also contain reasoned responses where there is something that can be reasoned with.

Of course there is something wrong with a personal attack that has no basis in fact.

Where is there _any_ reason in a comment like "More likely envy than hate."?
You keep on with these comments such as 'hating the USa' and 'Envy'. They are plain unreasoning stupidity.

So I shouldn't argue against unreasoning acceptance of DCC hype? even when the beginner might be better off with simpler, cheaper and less trouble prone DC?
Regards, Greg.P.
Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:14:25 +1300, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Oh, I get it, Greg. So do most others here. You cannot moan about personal attacks when you do them. No matter the reason. You can't justify personal attacks for you while declaring them unreasonable for someone else. That's just plain stupid and hypocritical. Is that what you want others to see you as? Remember, nobody here can sit down and get to know the real Greg Procter. All we see is what you present. You might be the nicest guy on the planet but you sure don't put that image forward here.
The image of Greg that I see is one of a hypocritical crybaby who pretends to know it all but really doesn't know much at all. -- Ray
Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ray Haddad wrote:

Of course I can. You as a yank surely understand the concept of defence?

Where are these personal attacks you claim come from me? Go back and analyse them and you'll see they are responses relating to the comments posted, not to the poster.

Is that a personal attack or a statement relating to the point of discussion? I suggest you don't know the difference, even when I spell it out to you in the simplest of terms.

If anyone here is stupid enough to judge the quality of my advice purely on my responses to the likes of you then they don't deserve to receive useful advice.

Have you any idea of your own image here? Time after time you've responded to my attempts to give honest advice with derission and insults - I'm still responding to you in a rational manner - that should give others a good idea of my character.

I won't bother responding to that.
Regards, Greg.P.
Add pictures here
โœ–
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Polytechforum.com is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.