Ultimate digital caliper for modelers.

Gunner wrote:

It's addressed to you. It has your name in it, and quotes your posts.

It has several peoples quotes in it.
As I stated..the quote setup leaves much to be desired.
As others mentioned the obvious answer to your question quite handily..Ill not bother.
Gunner
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide" - James Burnham
Gunner wrote:

Several? Try two - yours and mine.

You'll not bother because you have no sensible answer to the question. If you're going to try to portray George W. Bush as some kind of macho warrior president, check your facts first.

Try again.

macho warrior president? Blink blink? You been reading Dastardly Dickies books again and this is what you are using as some definition of what a "warrior" is supposed to look like??????
Blink blink...whooo boy...you really dont get out much do you?
Best killer I ever knew was about 90lbs soaking wet and looked like a very unassuming asian lawn jockey in a loin cloth.
Second best was a tall spindly dude that looked like a uber-geek..and he was actually. Type you would expect to have a pocket protector filled with mechanical pencils and a slide rule holster. After the Nam..he graduated from MIT and is a uber-geek with Dow.
When he put on his war face....brrrrr..scary scary dude to watch him work with a garrot or bicycle chain or a blade. Few of his co-workers would ever in their most delusional periods, guess the dude was a stone killer with nerves of ice.
Gunner
Political Correctness
Gunner wrote:
> wrote: > >>> It has several peoples quotes in it. >> >>Several? Try two - yours and mine. > > Try again.
There are only two quotes in there, yours and mine - who else do you reckon is quoted?
>>>As others mentioned the obvious answer to your question quite >>>handily..Ill not bother. >> >>You'll not bother because you have no sensible answer to the question. >>If you're going to try to portray George W. Bush as some kind of macho >>warrior president, check your facts first. > > You been reading Dastardly Dickies books again...
Whose book? What book?
> Best killer I ever knew...the dude was a stone killer...
(sub-Rambo fantasies snipped)
Sigh.
Now I *know* you're just a wannabe.
<plonk!>
Gunner wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 15:17:32 +1100, Mark Newton
> wrote: > >>> It has several peoples quotes in it. >> >>Several? Try two - yours and mine. > > Try again.
There are only two quotes in there, yours and mine - who else do you reckon is quoted?
>>>As others mentioned the obvious answer to your question quite >>>handily..Ill not bother. >> >>You'll not bother because you have no sensible answer to the question. >>If you're going to try to portray George W. Bush as some kind of macho >>warrior president, check your facts first. > > You been reading Dastardly Dickies books again...
Whose book? What book?
> Best killer I ever knew...the dude was a stone killer...
(sub-Rambo fantasies snipped)
Sigh.
Now I *know* you're just a wannabe.
<plonk!>
Gunna wrote: >> > >> > You been reading Dastardly Dickies books again... >> >>Whose book? What book? > > Dick Marchinko
Still none the wiser. But then again, who gives a toss?
> Please learn to seperate fantasy from the Real World.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!
Stop pretending to be some kind of ex-military hard-man - you're nothing nore than a poser and a wannabe, little man.

Oh like fursure dude. Totally awesume laugh thing there. Like..like farmout that you got all those "h"s and "a"s all lined up in a row like that.
Ex military (true) hardman? Im simply a big harmless lovable fuzzball. Though Ive been told Im delightfuly hard when Im with the sheilas. Shrug...its just a knack..the result of years of practice and good genes.
Everyone knows Im just a big fuzzywuzzy hugable teddybear. Why would you think otherwise?
Im still curious though..what beer DID you use to soak your brain? As Im a nondrinker, what sort of brew do drunks prefer to use in Oz? Its obvious you are the best person to ask. Inquiring minds want to know.
Gunner Asch
Political Correctness
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:56:43 GMT, Gunner wrote:

The "original" gunner Asch would have shit all over Bush and his ilk.
--
Steve

Steve Caple wrote:

There's more like GWBush??? AAHRGGG!
On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:08:10 -0800, Steve Caple

True indeed.
And all over most Democrat pols too.
But Herbert was a pragmatist also.
Gunner
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide" - James Burnham

That was during 72 and 73 ... right?

--
The lotto must be rigged, I should have won by now.
Modular furniture is cruel and unusual.
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 14:10:25 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@pimin.wan.vpn (Paul Newhouse) wrote:

Don't forget; they have 4 months years in Bush Country. And the last year attendance is "very" optional...

The same as Cheney's, I seem to recall.. No, wait, Cheney got more deferments than Clinton.. Something about defending his country not being on his agenda. I believe Rumsfeld had the same MOS as old Dick; although he did manage to sell nuclear reactors to the North Koreans when he was on the board of ABB in the 80's.....

Franz T wrote:

FYI --
While an incredible incompetet fuck up as SECDEF, Rummy did serve a long time in the USN in the 1950s and was a fighter pilot.
There is much to criticize regarding Rummy, Cheney and Bush in termsof their policy and prformance of heir duties from 2000 to present
There is at least as much to criticize in the performance of Clinton, Gore and Berger, among others.
Stupid factual mis statements and gutter descriptions have no usefulness in any rational discussion of how we got to where we are and where we go from here.
And none of this discssion belongs in either of the two groups where it is being posted.
Grow up, children.

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 14:10:25 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@pimin.wan.vpn (Paul Newhouse) wrote:

No.
http://www.hillnews.com/york/090904.aspx
Bushs National Guard years Before you fall for Dems spin, here are the facts
What do you really know about George W. Bushs time in the Air National Guard? That he didnt show up for duty in Alabama? That he missed a physical? That his daddy got him in?
News coverage of the presidents years in the Guard has tended to focus on one brief portion of that time to the exclusion of virtually everything else. So just for the record, here, in full, is what Bush did:
The future president joined the Guard in May 1968. Almost immediately, he began an extended period of training. Six weeks of basic training. Fifty-three weeks of flight training. Twenty-one weeks of fighter-interceptor training.
That was 80 weeks to begin with, and there were other training periods thrown in as well. It was full-time work. By the time it was over, Bush had served nearly two years.
Not two years of weekends. Two years.
After training, Bush kept flying, racking up hundreds of hours in F-102 jets. As he did, he accumulated points toward his National Guard service requirements. At the time, guardsmen were required to accumulate a minimum of 50 points to meet their yearly obligation.
According to records released earlier this year, Bush earned 253 points in his first year, May 1968 to May 1969 (since he joined in May 1968, his service thereafter was measured on a May-to-May basis).
Bush earned 340 points in 1969-1970. He earned 137 points in 1970-1971. And he earned 112 points in 1971-1972. The numbers indicate that in his first four years, Bush not only showed up, he showed up a lot. Did you know that?
That brings the story to May 1972 the time that has been the focus of so many news reports when Bush deserted (according to anti-Bush filmmaker Michael Moore) or went AWOL (according to Terry McAuliffe, chairman of the Democratic National Committee).
Bush asked for permission to go to Alabama to work on a Senate campaign. His superior officers said OK. Requests like that werent unusual, says retired Col. William Campenni, who flew with Bush in 1970 and 1971.
In 1972, there was an enormous glut of pilots, Campenni says. The Vietnam War was winding down, and the Air Force was putting pilots in desk jobs. In 72 or 73, if you were a pilot, active or Guard, and you had an obligation and wanted to get out, no problem. In fact, you were helping them solve their problem.
So Bush stopped flying. From May 1972 to May 1973, he earned just 56 points not much, but enough to meet his requirement.
Then, in 1973, as Bush made plans to leave the Guard and go to Harvard Business School, he again started showing up frequently.
In June and July of 1973, he accumulated 56 points, enough to meet the minimum requirement for the 1973-1974 year.
Then, at his request, he was given permission to go. Bush received an honorable discharge after serving five years, four months and five days of his original six-year commitment. By that time, however, he had accumulated enough points in each year to cover six years of service.
During his service, Bush received high marks as a pilot.
A 1970 evaluation said Bush clearly stands out as a top notch fighter interceptor pilot and was a natural leader whom his contemporaries look to for leadership.
A 1971 evaluation called Bush an exceptionally fine young officer and pilot who continually flies intercept missions with the unit to increase his proficiency even further. And a 1972 evaluation called Bush an exceptional fighter interceptor pilot and officer.
Now, it is only natural that news reports questioning Bushs service in The Boston Globe and The New York Times, on CBS and in other outlets would come out now. Democrats are spitting mad over attacks on John Kerrys record by the group Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.
And, as it is with Kerry, its reasonable to look at a candidates entire record, including his military service or lack of it. Voters are perfectly able to decide whether its important or not in November.
The Kerry camp blames Bush for the Swift boat veterans attack, but anyone who has spent much time talking to the Swifties gets the sense that they are doing it entirely for their own reasons.
And it should be noted in passing that Kerry has personally questioned Bushs service, while Bush has not personally questioned Kerrys.
In April before the Swift boat veterans had said a word Kerry said Bush has yet to explain to America whether or not, and tell the truth, about whether he showed up for duty. Earlier, Kerry said, Just because you get an honorable discharge does not, in fact, answer that question.
Now, after the Swift boat episode, the spotlight has returned to Bush.
Thats fine. We should know as much as we can.
And perhaps someday Kerry will release more of his military records as well. Byron York is a White House correspondent for National Review. His column appears in The Hill each week. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@thehill.com
Gunner
Political Correctness

And thus, the lack of records is explained away.
Paul
--
The lotto must be rigged, I should have won by now.
Modular furniture is cruel and unusual.
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 21:38:18 -0000, Paul Newhouse wrote:

But isn't it interesting how theydon't even try to explain how he got to the top of the list to get in the lifeboat - er, uh, the TANG.
--
Steve

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 16:54:05 -0800, Steve Caple

So you have an opinion that explains this, correct? Your opinion is noted..
Say..have an opinion about this:?
Clinton's Military record:
Bill Clinton registers for the draft on September 08, 1964, accepting all contractual conditions of registering for the draft.
Given Selective Service Number 3 26 46 228.
Bill Clinton classified 2-S on November 17, 1964.
* Bill Clinton reclassified 1-A on March 20, 1968.
* Bill Clinton ordered to report for induction on July 28,1969.
* Bill Clinton dishonors order to report and is not inducted into the military.
* Bill Clinton reclassified 1-D after enlisting in the United States Army Reserves on August 07,1969 under authority of Col.E.Holmes. and takes oath of enlistment.
* Bill Clinton fails to report to his duty station at the University of Arkansas ROTC, September 1969.
* Bill Clinton reclassified 1-A on October 30, 1969, as enlistment with Army Reserves is revoked by Colonel E. Holmes and Clinton now AWOL and subject to arrest under Public Law 90-40 (2)(a) 'registrant who has failed to report...remain liable for induction'.
* Bill Clinton's birth date lottery number is 311, drawn December 1, 1969, but anyone who has already been ordered to report for induction, is INELIGIBLE!
* Bill Clinton runs for Congress (1974), while a fugitive from justice under Public Law 90-40.
* Bill Clinton runs for Arkansas Attorney General (1976),while a fugitive from justice.
* Bill Clinton receives pardon on January 21, 1977 from Carter.
* Bill Clinton FIRST PARDONED FEDERAL FELON ever to serve as President.
All these facts come from Freedom of Information requests, public laws, and various books that have been published, and have not been refuted by Clinton.
Political Correctness
Hi Gunner,
You clearly know a lot about metal working and often have something useful to add. I wanted to thank you for suggestion I contact Leigh in Costa Mesa about a Lathe. I appreciate your input.
So, why do you post so many off-topic political rants? These never-ending political arguments add nothing to the subject of metalworking, convince no one, and just make the newsgroup much less useful.
I usually add frequent OT participants to my killfile. I do not want to loose your advice, but I get very tired of reading through the many pointless (and improperly labeled!) postings.
Scott

Scott..I seldom initiate ot posts. I however will respond and enjoy the banter, much like banter in a break room at the shop. Many shops I service, the topic is sports, of which I have no input, being a total NON sports junkie. Politics is however of interest to me. Politics is the foundation on which our society rests. And its side effects have many onerous results for all of us. Im rather politically active in the Real World as well.
If you have an inability to seperate those threads from the strictly metalworking related ones, Im sure you have room in your kill file for me.
Thread drift is part and parcel of Usenet in unmoderated newsgroups. Ive seen as many ot threads drift back on topic as those that drifted of topic.
Shrug.
Do as you see fit. I know Im in a number of kill files and oddly enough..I still sleep well at night.
Btw..was Leigh able to help you?
Gunner

Political Correctness