Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Petter Ph1 Injector required
I have a ex-dumper Petter PH1 mounted on a frame with an old Acrow Walden saw bench - a very useful combination. Unfortunately while moving it I carelessly damaged the injector quite serously. Does...
5
5

New Ruston aquisition
I collected an engine from a friend on the Wirral yesterday. A Ruston-Hornsby PB 1.5BHP, it is free rotating with excellent compression. To our certain knowledge it has not run in ten years, possibly...
9
9

IF website
Is anybody else having trouble accessing the IF website? Everytime I try and log on, a message appears saying that there is a problem with the site.
1
1

O/T NG posts seem slow today
Normally when I post to this and other groups, it apears within a few minutes. Today I've posted about four times and all are taking ages to apear. The ones this morning took about 4 hours. Tonight's...
2
2

Bed Iron
While doing a colleague a favour by taking some rubbish to the local tip, I kept a few bits as you do. I saved two single bed frames made of the usual angle iron. There's probably more than I need so...
2
2

IF in the press
Those of u not able to get the Carmarthen Journal may have missed the report of the presentation to Internal Fire of the Heritage Award from the Institution of Diesel & Gas Turbine Engineers. It's a...
4
4

This looks handy!
A trailer with crane on eBay. Wish I could afford it, I'd be scurrying all over to grab those bargains. eBay Mobile
13
13

onamission, industrial heritage
We have just joined the group, we are and involved with industrial heritage. This is a voluntary organisation and we are currently selling to buy a project centre. If anybody knows of buildings that...

Fresh iron
Gents This morning i went to a local farm to replace the radiator on a ford 6810 tractor. I took the camera with me and got some pics of a couple of engines that i have known about for about 20 years....
6
6

Lister Engines and parts
Dear All, Couple of days ago I was trying unsuccessfully to sell my Lister and Petter gasket sets to a Mr Reddings at in Banbury, Oxfordshire. During our subsequent conversation he told me that he had...

BSA repair
Well I finally got a round tuit and applied some to the BSA generator set over the weekend. The first job was to get at the points. I'd been cleaning them via the access hole for some time but a more...

Ebay engine
Gents, did anyone else see this crossley an dynamo on ebay it was'nt very well listed. It's very unusual as it has a mechanical lubricator instead of drip feed oilers i wonder if this was a factory...
14
14

We are being watched!
http://www.gatago.com/authors_pgs/289094.html

Photographic Competition
Gentlemen, Am I to assume that the total lack of interest means I shall not be organising a Photo competition as I suggested a few months ago, those of you who sent me your names I could count on less...
4
4

Kick-back
Hi chaps, There is undoubtedly a very simple answer from the more knowledgeable amongst you, but here's the question: As some here will know, I recently spent several arms and legs on a Norman SC -...
11
11