Lister D value

Hi
I am new to stationary engines and have been offered a lister d that runs
but is minus exaust and stand. Can someone give me an idea of the value of
these engines this one is £50.
Thanks in advance
Chris
Reply to
Chris
Lister D values run between zero for a basket case or lucky find (they still turn up 'in the wild') to £200 or more on a good day for a fully restored job with some special feature (early 'shaft drive' type, rad cooled etc). £50 is OK for an average runner, but expect to spend more than the engine is worth bringing it up to scratch - this ain't a profitable hobby!
Reply to
Nick H
Yes, £50.00 is about right for a running, unrestored but complete (more or less!) chain driven magneto D and cheap for a direct drive magneto model.
A trolley will cost you as much again for a genuine example.
Regards,
Kim Siddorn,
Reply to
J K Siddorn