Problem with the German newsgroup.

Changes took place today with the German server news.cis.dfn.de. If you use this you will have to change your settings. Here is what to do. First find out your password. Then in outlook express hit Tools / accounts / news Highlight news.cis.dfn.de Hit Properties / server Change server name to news.independant.net Tick "The server requires me to sign on" It will then ask for your password. Click OK. If you know anyone who has this as his only news server please give him this information.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Map
Map

Dave Croft

"Dave Croft" wrote

Should that not be News.Individual.NET

Paul

-- ____________________________________

Internal Fire, Museum of Power, Wales

Internal Fire Museum of Power is a Not-for-Profit Company registered in the UK

Reply to
Paul Evans

Well, that was an interesting five hours. My kind regards to Dave who gave me the exact details I needed to get back to the previously seamless click-and-view that I had before!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

You are quite correct Paul, Advanced senility strikes yet again. 8^)

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Reply to
Dave Croft

"Dave Liquorice" wrote :-

None known on this NG.

Which Dave has already corrected and apologised for.

Reply to
Nick H

"him"? None of the female gender allowed to adjust their computer settings?

Then of course critical part is just plain wrong. Try "news.individual.net"

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Dave said "anyone" not restriction to just the members of this group. B-)

The beauty of usenet.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

him stands for "Human into machinery"