Rare finds

Gentlemen,

Have just had a look on EBay this morning, I am amazed at the number of rare engines that keep popping up(not) Petter"A", Lister"D" etc. I have a gold mine in my back garden. :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

The other thing that always amazes me is that, when something that is truly rare, different, or unusual, crops up it rarely gets as much interest as the run-of-the-mill stuff.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

There could be a good reason for that. When I got my old tractor, I deliberately chose a very common Fergusson T20. That's the sort of Lister D of the tractor world. Most parts are available, there are plenty examples to look at for inspiration and they're simple. My other reason was that I wanted a working tractor as well but that's another story.

John

Reply to
John Manders

This is my favourite 'rara avis' at the moment is this:-

the only salvageable part from a Bradford Amanco but would also fit Fairbanks Z!

What is it and do I need one?

It is particularly true in the engine world that rarity does not necessarily equal desirability does not necessarily equal value.

Reply to
Nick H