Bachmann 37 News

From the Bachmann website:

" Bachmann Branchline refurbished Class 37 Locomotives are due to be in the shops during May. These eagerly awaited locomotives are the first UK model to feature a working cab light, The cab lights can be turned on and off when the Model is fitted with DCC decoder and used in conjunction with either E-Z Command or forthcoming E-Z Command Dynamis Digital Control Systems. "

" The new Branchline Class 37's feature 6 wheel pickup, 6 wheel drive, directional lighting, etched radiator fan grille, opening cab doors, wire cab side handrails and an all new Bogie frame with improved wheel hub profile. "

Hmm, wonder if they will do the same with the 47 and this is why we're waiting so long after the 57 model came out ?? Does directional lighting mean including tail lights ? I note Bachmann have also gone the Hornby route with working doors, but cab lights ??? Why ? Drivers turn them off when driving (well, we do cos you can't see flip all in the dark!) so only any good in the dark when parked up. Still, should make for some good night shots ?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD

The competition from ViTrains has obviously spurred them into action.

Not on the line beside where I went to school in the 1960's. There's was always a dull-yellow glow from the cab on winter afternoons with the driver clearly visible.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Are you sure about that?... Surely if the front marker lights need to be on and the engine is running light then you will need the tail lights on!

Reply to
:Jerry:

":Jerry:" wrote

Are you sure about that?... Surely if the front marker lights need to be on and the engine is running light then you will need the tail lights on!

Jerry, I'll try again in English ! I would like the tail lights to work and be independant from the head lights so I can switch either on or off or have tail lights at both ends...

Is that better ?

But unless they are going to use more that 4 functions, there is no way they can include the interior lights also... that would need 6 functions, plus those for the sound... Oh, er !!! We must be near 12 Functions....!!!!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD