(DCC) Class 66 sounds

Has anybody found a program for playing back the soundfiles for the ESU decoders? I plan to equip my Nigel Stanley Class 66 with sound, but the downloadable *.esu files for the Mehano 66 is not recognised by any conventional media players. The quality of the recordings have been rather uneven in the past, reverb from nearby buildnings etc, so I wanted to check it.

Regards, Søren

Reply to
Søren Monies

"Søren Monies" wrote

Can I suggest that you join the Yahoo! group

and ask there. In addition there are some class 66 sounds in the files section in wav format.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I have invested in a Lokprogrammer from ESU and today downloaded the ESU version of the class 66 and played that clip by clip using the Lokprogrammer software. I then downloaded an Alco 244 powered project from the ESU website and that sound a whole lot better then the EMD engine !!!

South West Digital are producing some good sound projects, probably better than ESU's own IMHO. Using the Lokprogrammer I can play F5 F6 and F7 which I can''t with my Lokmaus. SWD have placed the shackle dropping on the drawhook, and the shackle dropping down against the buffing plate on these, and they sound really good.

Guess you either buy the chip to suck it and see, or invest in a Lokprogrammer, buy a "blank chip" and download the ESU sounds, then upload them onto the chip.

Whatever you do - sound is real fun.

Cheers Phil

Reply to
wyrleybart

Thanks, I'll do that. Since we here in Denmark also had a (ex RAF) LMS-built Gronk, theres more to research in this field.

-Søren

Reply to
Søren Monies

I downloaded the lokprogrammer software and ran the sound files from that. Very interesting. The different projects have each a very different degree of complexity, the flowdiagram part of the program is very enlightening in that respect, see fx the Nohab file and compare with the Class 66. Anyhow, I'll probabaly buy a mehano-66-sound chip and a no sound chip for each of the two motors in my TGOJ T 66 (Green thing called the powderhorn...)

regards, Søren

Reply to
Søren Monies