DCC problems - Lenz 1025 not responding

For all you DCC buffs. Bought a Lenz LE1025E decoder at Warley and went to fit it into a Heljan 47 - first problem Heljan don't mark which is pin 1. Second problem when attempting to program the chip using Decoder Pro and a SPROG serial programmer the Chip is not detected. Slot a Bachmann chip into the socket and all is ok, put the Lenz chip back and DP says 'no loco detected'.

Returned chip to Supplier who performed a reset on it, but chip is still not detected. Anyone any ideas?

To e-mail put my surname in the obvious bit of my address.

Reply to
Ian Birchenough

"Ian Birchenough" wrote

Sounds like a faulty chip to me, but to double-check try it in another loco. If it still won't perform ask for it replacing or a refund - Lenz have a no quibble warranty on decoders.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Pin 1 is marked on an instruction sheet with the loco....at least it was on the 3 samples that have been through my fickle paws...

~Fil

Reply to
Fil Downs

Have you tried running it (address 03) and/or programming it with your DCC systems programming facility? And does it work on DC? These would indicate that the decoder is good/bad. Also some decoders may not work with other manufacturers systems I have had this with ZTC decoders and Digitrax decoders.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

In message , Fil Downs writes

Not on mine unfortunately, all I have is a Green PCB with NMRA printed to one side of the socket and 2 resistors at one end of the socket. The three sheets that came with the loco are a parts sheet, a history/guarantee sheet and a sheet that shows how to fit the detailing. One quarter of that sheet has a picture and 2 paragraphs on fitting the chip - but no mention of which is pin one!

Reply to
Ian Birchenough

Loco works fine on DC and has been run in for 1+hour in each direction. If I put a Bachmann chip in Decoder Pro spots it immediately and correctly IDs it. I'm about to try the chip in a spare loco - but I doubt it will be recognised. I'm tending towards the bad decoder diagnosis.

Reply to
Ian Birchenough

In message , Ian Birchenough writes

Yeah, looks like a bad decoder - no response in my spare - back to Lenz I suppose.

Reply to
Ian Birchenough

Give the decoder a hard reset.

Reply to
titans

In message , titans writes

You mean set 33 to CV8? - Tried that, no joy. Still get 'no loco detected'. Put it in the post earlier today.

Reply to
Ian Birchenough

Did the decoder actualy work with your DCC system rather than SPROG? That's what I was getting at.

Chris

Chris

Reply to
Chris

In message , Chris writes

I've not got my control station set up at the moment Chris. As I've never had any problems with the SPROG and my other decoders I was expecting the same with SPROG and Lenz. Is there a problem with Lenz decoders I haven't heard about?

Reply to
Ian Birchenough

"Ian Birchenough" wrote

I've got around 30 installed in various locos and not had any problems with any, except for self-inflicted destruction of one decoder.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Ian,

There are no known problems with SPROG and Lenz.

Whilst I'm here, can I also say that even the notorious sound equipped Broadways have been successfully programmed with SPROG, so long as you have a good enough power supply and (some say) a series resistor in the track connection.

SPROG DCC is also now stocking Bachrus rolling roads with a discount if bought at the same time as a SPROG

Andrew Crosland

google