Farish 47 in InterCity or RES?

I had a feeling that Graham Farish released an N gauge class 47 in InterCity Swallow livery and also one in Rail Express Systems livery at some time...... am I totally wrong??!! I can't find any reference to any on the internet!

DP

Reply to
DP

"DP" wrote

They certainly did an IC 47 and I'm pretty sure they did one in RES livery too, but whether that was in the recent past or the days when Farish were independent of Bachmann is beyond my memory.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Hi There;

Farish produced both for many years before the sell-out to Bachmann...

47594 in RES...replaced an earlier Parcels 47479. 47834 FireFly in Swallow...replaced a (much) earlier 47487 in original IC livery.

HTH...STU

Reply to
Stu

Thanks for that. I hoped I wasn't going mad! I'll have to keep an eye out at the next collectors fair and on eBay!

Thanks again,

Dan

Reply to
DP

Hi Dan;

Normally, IC 47s are not too hard to find on the auction sites and swapmeets. Getting a good RES example can sometimes prove a little harder. Contact me off-group if you want any more gen..

Regards..STU

Reply to
Stu

"Stu" wrote

Was 47479 named "Track 29" or similar? If so it was not replaced by the RES

47 - it remained in production for use inclusion in train sets.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote

Ah so that's why it always seems to be sold "not in original box/unboxed"

~Fil

Reply to
Fil Downs