Lima Help

Hi All,

I need help, I have a Lima class 87 fitted with Express models basic head/tail light kit. I asked them and is absorbs 500 miliamps. So there is no problem there.

I think It may be my motor, and how do you fix them.

I have also noticeded thaat Lima wheels always seems to pick up dirt the most and Bachmann / hornby, no problem. Is there ay way Round it.

R Lilley

Reply to
Dark Forces

What exactly is the problem?????

You'll just need to keep cleaning the wheels, or perhaps replace them with say Ultrascale wheelsets (depending on your track type)

Alan

Hi All,

Reply to
Gyle TMD

"Dark Forces" wrote

Try polishing them to a high shine using *Brasso* or similar. This is a dodge I saw in *Model Railroader* for cleaning & keeping track clean. Can't see why it wouldn't work with Lima loco wheels - but don't try it on the ones with traction tyres.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I have Peco code 100 track, but lima motors just seem to give poor performance compared to Hornbys, bachmann, and my 87 wont go.

Kaput, and the class 60 does not go slow and stalls, but my hornby 86 and bachmann 158 just sail through.

Reply to
Dark Forces

BTW who is the best for Lima repairsa, as I use Wigan Model centre and they dont stock many spares for lima. It is a shame as my class 87 is a fine looking model of 87101 blue stephy..

Reply to
Dark Forces

My Lima 87 pictured here

also fitted with a Express Models lighting kit runs well for a Lima loco as has already been mentioned make sure the wheels and pick-ups are kept clean I have also added more weight inside the loco for better traction.

Nick

Nick Gurney

With Lima motors, its well worth putting a very small drop of proper oil on each of the motor bearings! I have found this makes a very big difference.

500ma is a bit high, but you don't say how fast you were running it for that reading?
Reply to
Mike