New Flying Scotsman Loco Drive yet?

Hi all

Just wondering if there is a newly released 00 scale electrically powered Flying Scotsman from Hornby - I have seen a Windsor Lad but not the Scottie...... any info much appreciated

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

"mindesign" wrote

Yes it was released just before Christmas, in as preserved condition with German smoke-deflectors, double chimney and in LNER green livery.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Hi Steve, The Hornby R2441 Flying scotsman scale models are fantastic, I have only two left on the shelfs in my shop, the detail is superb and includes the break rigging behind the wheels, and even a Headboard that can go on the lamp iron on the front, they are of the same leval as the class 60 ( in my opinion and others ! ), they are definatley scale models, and not toys

Also in stock is Great Northern R2405 has a diferent style of tender )DCC Ready, The white Knight R2342 ( DCC Ready ). ( also A4`S Guillemot + Mallard DCC Ready ) Kindest regards Simon Hornby R2441

Model Depot ( shop )

317 Hunslet Road Hunslet Leeds LS10 1NJ
Reply to
Simon Judd

I notice how John Turner can convey the information without unleashing an advert'........

Cheers Robt P.

Reply to
60106

Thats probabley cos has been trading in his shop since 1987, and will have regular customers and is established where as i have been trading for little over 1 month in my shop and am not established as such so i will try and gain customers thus unleashing a leashed advert upon you. I cant afford to place adverts in Railway modeller or Model Rail until i get more customers, then i will advertise on model rail / railway modeller and other magazines, I will Put it in a simple way for you... groups like this are my ( and Johns ) best way of gaining customers, Is John advertising but just in a diferent way to me at the end of the day ? or he not advertising and wanting you to buy elswhere ?

funny how you did the advert for John Though.... I notice how John Turner can c>

Reply to
Simon Judd

Just out of interest do you work for Rails of Sheffield ?

release of 45543.

Whilst the initial views seem impressive, it's spoilt somewhat by the fitted nameplate being around double the protypical height!

Cheers Robt P.

Reply to
Simon Judd

Thanks all for the info - I have been offered one for 73 GBP inc. postage to Australia which I think is a good buy, but as it is for a gift I would like to know if others have it cheaper.

thanks again all

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

looks like you have a fantastic bargain, I would not sell them at that price with postage. the other flying scotsman ( r2147 ) well maybe but more to the postage to Australia Kindest regards

Simon

"non advertising in the groups" John will probabley agree you have a good bargain !!

Reply to
Simon Judd

No Sir!....merely a satisfied customer.

Cheers Robt P.

Reply to
60106

unleashing

Your point being what exactly, providing a spammers business is new they can spam to their harts content?!

It would also help your credability if you learnt to post correctly - Original message that you are replying to at the top (incase someone has not received the original yet, it happens on Usenet sometimes) and then place you reply under that, having edited out unessasery text and sig' lines etc.

Yes, discreetly...

That's better....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Was I Spamming or answering the question ? in my opinion the question was...Just wondering if there is a newly released 00 scale electrically powered Flying Scotsman from Hornby my reply was... only two left on the shelfs in my shop ( in other words there is a newly released 00 scale electrically powered Flying Scotsman from Hornby ), the way i put it was in a advertised way but still answering the question I thought that spamming would have been if I Had made a fresh post saying I have x product or y product in my shop come and buy it, not as i did in replying to the question.

Sorry i dont post in the way you want everyone to so Please accept my sincear apologies

I am not as discreet as John But will try to Be in The future ( but not totaly descreet :-)

enough said...

Reply to
Simon Judd

I am not suggesting that you were spamming, which is a totally different game. IMO, you have made some worthwhile contributions of late, specifically in dialogues with John.

Could you simply place your shop link at the base of your posts, without elaboration?

Cheers Robt P.

Reply to
60106

No, it wasn't you making the accusation, just Jerry going off on one again.

:-)

TOS

Reply to
The Old Salt

Hi Simon,

I don't have a shop nor do I like A3s, no matter how perfect,but you do what you must to earn a crust.

I find it hilarious to see people chastising you in broken english.

Peter Abraham Montarlot

Reply to
peter abraham

Simon, don't rise to the bait! This thread was started by a question about commercial availability. You were able to answer that question. If John wants to tell us what he's got or not got, what he thinks of it, and how well it's selling, he does so. And I'm glad he does.

You can do the same, and so can any other retailer. Last time I looked, they were a critical component in the model railway hobby. And down in this neck of the woods (London), an extremely scarce resource.

The only quid pro quo is that you might be expected to answer follow-up questions of fact.

Why is it that every thread on this group is turning into a punch-up?

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W