New model in railroad range

Hi, I am just wanting to know for definate, Hornby has a loco on the web site, and I think it is wrong, they have it as a Diesel Electric, and I thought that it was Diesel Hydraulic the model in question is at

I wrong ? Simon G

Reply to
news.virginmedia.com

Its a diesel hydraulic with a voith gearbox on each bogie in the real thing.

Reply to
winston

No - you're not wrong. It's not strictly a new model either - it's the old Lima model re-released by Hornby, although I think they upgrade the motor bogie.

Reply to
Paul Boyd