Not so Newbie Anymore

You should be aware, as a 'professional' that HTML is NOT used on NewsGroup Postings!

David.

Reply to
David F.

"Here is my personal e-mail address so that you can insult me: snipped-for-privacy@lineone.net. "

WAIT!!

HE'S ADVERTISING HIS OWN EMAIL ADDRESS!

CALL THE INTERNET POLICE!

;)

Rachel

Reply to
Rachel

I know, he's such a shamless tart!

--

***
*** Updated 05 October, now 554 images online. Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)

Shamless he is!

Damn shamlessness!

And on a more serious note - Shooter - what's wrong with having the major search engines pick up his website? That's how people find information they are looking for.

So what's the problem in that?

Why don't YOU make your own one of a kind website (which I believe Rich's is), spend MANY hard working hours on it, and then show us it?

Rachel

(tart)

Reply to
Rachel

Not woken up - bored to sleep!

Reply to
MartinS

"MartinS"

Yep.

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

about how to post - but very little advice.

Here's some: sod off, troll.

-- Brian "Chuff! Chuff! Poot! Poot! A model railway exhibition can do that to a person"

Reply to
Brian Watson

In message , Chris Wilson writes

Somehow, if we should meet at the aforesaid exhibition, I do not think that I shall be blowing my top in your general direction, as you seem to be a generally amiable and affable sort of chap, whereas this "Shooter" f***wit is only fit for the bozo bin.

Reply to
John Sullivan

In message , Steve Jones writes

Jam or rhubarb?

Reply to
John Sullivan

In message , Rachel writes

That wouldn't be a WestHollywood geocities page, perchance, would it. After all, that's where the shameless tarts seem to hang out these days.

Reply to
John Sullivan

Bakewell, please. I was heavily influenced by Stan Roberts' articles in RM many years ago :-)

-- Steve Jones, Shropshire, England

Reply to
Steve Jones

"Brian Watson" wrote

Well said that man! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Or as the great Sid James once put it, "Fakir! Off!" :-)

-- Steve Jones, Shropshire, England

Reply to
Steve Jones

about how to post - but very little advice. If you had accepted the advice in the spirit it was intended then you would have got nothing but advice in return. Your ungracious response to that advice has no doubt made some less inclined to offer help.

want to be Bill Gates ;-) That's such a childish comment and typical of the attitude you have shown in your posts.

useful, I responded to it before you shouted. His latest goes

I read ALL the posts and Martin was by no means the only one to offer helpful advice.

LegoLand that's OK. Well you of all people should know the difference between HTML and text. This is a text newsgroup. Usenet has traditionally been a text environment, and with the exception of notable Outlook Express (which is pretty awful for usenet), news readers are generally not capable of displaying HTML. By posting in HTML you are presenting users of "real" newsreader software with a page of HTML which is not easy on the eye.

Thanks

And you should stop grumbling about being advised on how to use usenet and go with the flow. We all build railways and spend a little time on here giving and receiving advice on exactly that topic. That is made much easier if everyone follows some basic rules about posting so that no matter what software we are using, we can all contribute.

I would send this reply directly to you, but I'm afraid I'm not confident that the address you have given is real. Also, being an "Internet professional", I'm sure you will realise that by including a real email address in your posts you leave yourself open to being spammed. As an IT professional, I'd advise you not to include email addresses in your posts.

Well Nick, the letters after your name would seem to indicate that you are an inteligent man. It's such a shame that much of what you have posted here would seem to show otherwise.

And you with yours.

Adrian

Reply to
Entanet

In message , Entanet writes

Actually I think this person in Alex Stirrat in "drab".

Reply to
John Sullivan

Pardon my ignorance, but WTF is he, and why would I want to know, my PLONK file is full enough as it is.

Reply to
GbH

In message , GbH writes

That's OK. Alex Stirrat is the person who once in a while asks us to restrain our language because unsupervised children may be reading this newsgroup. This is in spite of the fact that every authority on the internet and every ISP advises against allowing children unsupervised access to newsgroups.

Reply to
John Sullivan

Ahh, quite right too. If it wasn't for pirrocks like they, what would amuse us?

Ivor or Thomas?

Reply to
GbH