Not so Newbie Anymore

There's much personal criticism on this newsgroup - and many suggestions about how to post - but very little advice.

I'm trying to build a train set - but that's clearly by the by - you all want to be Bill Gates ;-)

One piece of advice was to read Martin S's post - the first was very useful, I responded to it before you shouted. His latest goes like this (because none of you read previous posts):

'You could try directing your complaints to Hornby Customer Service, though from experience it's unlikely to do you much good. I complained about their points and new couplings; they sent me new ones for free, but they weren't any different; I still have to make DIY modifications.'

I'm an Internet professional - but if you don't have HTML in Canada / LegoLand that's OK.

I'm sending all of my kit back to Hornby - I'll keep you posted on the results.

Some of you should stop advising on the Internet - and start building railways again.

Here is my personal e-mail address so that you can insult me: snipped-for-privacy@lineone.net.

My name is Nick Allen MSc FRAS

Good luck with your trains.

Reply to
Shooter

Just rx a really helpful post from a Mr Chris Wilson - he is excluded from my diatribe.

[...]

"Shooter"

LegoLand that's OK.

First, please continue to post here.

Second. If you are an "Internet professional" then you should know that HTML is NOT used on newsgroups and has nothing to do with Canada nor any other country. HTML is cumbersome, easy to hide virii and generally not welcome.

This is not personal. It is Usenet etiquette and is accepted world wide, on almost every newsgroup, and if you post HTML on any other newsgroup, you'll get the same response as you received here.

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

In message , Roger T. writes

Oi, Roger, you know better than that! The plural of virus is viruses.

Reply to
John Sullivan

Remind me not to accidentally bump into you at the Beckenham MRC exhibition ... I have to work the day after. :-)

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Only less politely!

Reply to
GbH

Thanks - any comments about Hornby model railways anyone?

Reply to
Shooter

Oh Heck - Roger T is now repeatedly posting, and repeatedly making a fuss so he can advertise his web page too!

It's here:

p.s. Can anyone help with my original Hornby questions?

Reply to
Shooter

"John Sullivan"

Well slap me silly(er).

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

"Shooter"

I send you a nice polite message and get this in return? Repeatedly? One post is "repeatedly"?

You are now entering the Plonk zone.

At least I have a web page, and am a railway modeller.

You?

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

Looks like a mass Plonk, then?

Reply to
MartinS

"MartinS"

I'm in.

BTW Martin, you don't think this could be he with the Black Heart, do you?

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

Heres a unique idea. Add shooter (and any others of your choice) to the kill file (In Outlook express for instance "Message", "Block sender") and lets get back to normal. I miss my old favorite newsgroup.You guys have been a godsend in the past! Thanks Ro

Reply to
Rob

Well, you never know, he is such a devious bastard, and this would be typical conduct, but isn't he still supposedly in the U.K.?

Reply to
MartinS

Done already.

Reply to
MartinS

Yawn!

John

Reply to
John Turner

Egad! The rumblings of the troll have woken the elders ;-)

-- Steve Jones, Shropshire, England

(Please send my shameless tart under plain cover)

Reply to
Steve Jones

"Steve Jones" wrote

Fuff me, who flushed your chain? ;-)

Long list of website advertising there to annoy the average troll! :-)

JT.

Reply to
John Turner

LOL! ;o)

--

***
*** "Uninspiring" - Shooter Another one for the major search engines!! Updated 05 October, now 554 images online. Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)