old triang loco with the panto's

think it is an R257. Just wondering what one is worth in good nick and if there are places I can get replacement pantographs that DON'T cost 20 Pounds, as this seems ridiculous.

thanks

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Simon Judd

"Simon Judd" wrote

They're a fair bit small though Simon, but I guess beggers can't be choosers, getting hold of the originals is virtually impossible and generally involves robbing other models.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

The message from "John Turner" contains these words:

I'll have a look in my scrapbox. ISTR fiddling with a Triang panto some time ago. Erm, er, it was a long time ago.

Later: It wasn't in the scrapbox. It was in a box which once held an Airfix Goods Brake Van kit... 1960-ish. It's fixed to a plastic roof-section ready to go onto an EMU scratch-built model which never got finished, but should be easy to separate. The wire still has the little brass plug attached. The wife complains that I keep a lot of useless rubbish - she's right, but just occasionally it stops being rubbish and useless.

If the OP would like it, the reply address works.

Reply to
David Jackson

Just out of curiosity, which EMU type is it that never got finished?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

The message from "kim" contains these words:

1960(-ish) to 2006 is a long time, but ISTR that I'd made a free-lance 2-car DMU from 2 Kitmaster Mk.1 coaches and the modified fronts off an Airfix railbus. The result bore a (slight) resemblance to the Trans-Pennine diesel units then working out of Liverpool Lime Street. I then saw the Cuneo poster of the Glasgow Blue Train, and thought I could see another similarity...

Then I went over to TT, so the EMU never saw the light of day. The Triang pantograph is the last remaining item from that nearly-model.

Reply to
David Jackson

"David Jackson" wrote

I reckon you'd get £10-20 for it on eBay!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Also sounds a bit "Clacton"-ish; I think it was Model Railway Constructor that featured an article on how to produce the end coaches of an AM9 set using bits of Kitmaster Mk.Is and the curved glazing units from the Airfix railbus kit.

David Belcher

Reply to
deb107_york

The message from deb107 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk contains these words:

Ah! A case of "great minds think alike". I was a student at the time and model railway magazines were out of my budget by a long way. I bought the occasional copy of RM out of my saved-up pocket money before I went to college, but it was some time after I left college before I started buying it on a regular basis. Twenty years later I stopped again because I was learning nothing new from it, and put the money into buying books of photographs of the railway scene in the 50s and 60s - an investment I've never regretted.

Reply to
David Jackson