OO Military Vehicles

I understand what you are saying John, but why would that change anything?

Vicars, Peers of the Realm, and Felons in prison can't vote.

Vicars, Peers of the Realm, and certified lunatics can't sit on juries.

Unlikely bedfellows in both instances, but all part of the rich tapestry that makes up our national structure.

I think both prohibitions stem from a consideration of matters of conscience, and also from a time when the Vicar would represent real political power in local affairs, rather than from any technical consideration.

(N.B. As Kim says, all of this is fluid. The Crypto-Communists are busily tearing down our national fabric)

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

Oh no we don't!

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

"Steve W" wrote

Well that would have excluded Lord Archer for sure, although he seemed to manage just about everything else whilst he was inside including a trip to a restaurant if I recall correctly. ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

But journalists and MPs are also on the list...

has a list of possibilities. I got an astronomer who'd just had his PhD graduation ceremony to do mine, as his first chance to call himself "Dr".

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

'SFunny, but I met him twice, on one occasion he was dressed as a vicar (en route to a party, I imagine, unless there is a darker secret...)

That would make him triple disqualified!

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

"BH Williams" wrote in news:dg1lq9$7jn$1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk:

Comets still in use througout the 50s some serving until the early 60s, as were some Churchills (Mk VII and its CS counterpart the Mk VIII). The Avenger SPAT was used by two battlions post war for a few years (early 50s perhaps) however the stop-gap arse about face Archer is was meant to replace served in far greater numbers up until the mid 50s.

HTH

Reply to
Chris Wilson

LOL

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

I don't think that's true. Lord Nelson had a vote...

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Only in the House of Lords.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Good try Enzo! From Blackadder III:

Edmund: "Women can't vote. Lords can't vote." Baldrick: "Lord Nelson has a vote." Edmund: "I think you'll find that is a boat." Baldrick: "Oh." ...

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

"Enzo Matrix"

Yabut he was a SR 4-6-0.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

There is no mention of vicars at:

maybe looking it up is cheating]

At a general election, the following cannot vote: .. anyone under 18 years old; .. members of the House of Lords. They can vote at elections to local authorities, devolved legislatures and the European Parliament; .. EU citizens (who can vote at local government, devolved legislature and European Parliamentary elections); .. citizens of any country apart from the UK, Irish Republic and Commonwealth countries; .. convicted persons detained in pursuance of their sentences (though remand prisoners, unconvicted prisoners and civil prisoners can vote if they are on the electoral register); .. anyone found guilty within the previous five years of corrupt or illegal practices in connection with an election; and .. under common law, people with learning disabilities or a mental illness if, on polling day, they are incapable of making a reasoned judgement.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

"Steve W" wrote

LOL - this is just so symptomatic of society today. It's full of people you just can't trust, so I guess the banks have a catch all level of security. Mind you the general quality of bank staff today is such that I wouldn't want to give many of them any degree of authority to use their initiative.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

[okay, maybe looking it up is cheating]

The law was ammended on 1st March, 2001

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"Under armed guard" - well, since most American cops are armed, it's pedantically true, but not particularly relevant.

"rape and murder [...] commonplace" - odd that those rumors have not yet been verified.

Would you like to buy this fine London bridge I have for sale?

R.

Reply to
Richard

Irrespective as to your definition above there has never in this nations history been a time when the majority of the people have chosen of themselves to be active christians as per Romans 10:9-10ff which is the definition of a christian, and with that I leave this very easily inflamed subject! beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

no I wouldnt, which shows that you havent understood the absolute basic fact of christian faith.Its a personal decision not something one is born into, or forced into. Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Apparently someone saw a german tourist putting some in a jar.....a whole industry was born...or crapped.......... beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

deary deary me questioning the political correctness of the cutest of the BVS show :) Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Ssaracens and Humber pigs were still in use in Ulster in 81......along with electrified ferrets :) Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf