OO Military Vehicles

Electrified ferrets- are these used in some form of interactive greyhound racing? Brian

Reply to
BH Williams

"Steve W" skrev i meddelandet news:4325d5fe$0$1275$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net...

err Charles 1 and Cromwell et al, GWR fans and LMS fans :)))) calumny is that similar to a Jinty? beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

The Ferret was given a current (24 volts I think) to stop people p*ss*ng on them during riots.....I believe they got the idea from a Guy in Portrush who placed electrified boltheads on his yard door in order to stop the customers of a nearby pub turning his yard entrance into a pissoir...... the screams could be heard in the pub :) heard them myself back about 74 I was later the next day shown the door which looked like a mediaval church door with lotssa studs..... bit punkish really........ the idea on both the yard door and the ferret was very effective bad news goes round really quick especially when its through ones willy............ beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

They're fighting over petrol where I live :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Of course they are not similar! A calumny is an inflammation similar to lumbago, and best treated with calumine lotion. On the other leg however, a jinty (orig. "jointy") is a condition that affects the knees, causing the victim to proceed with a disjointed locomotion when pulling small loads. This condition was extremely prevalent in the Midlands before 1948.

My comment referred to discussions on this newsgroup, not to what happens in the outside world, where one might run into all kinds of barbarians who have no interest whatever in model railways.

As for Charles I and Cromwell, their perfectly civilised discussion about the divine rights of kings ended when Charles conceded the point and signed his own death warrant. After the execution, nothing more was said about the matter, well, at least, not by Charles.

And as for GWR and LMS fans, well they are not SR fans, so by definition they are not in possession of their full faculties.

Hope this clears up any lingering confusion.

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

The message from "Steve W" contains these words:

Hey! I'm an LMS "fan". I'm also an SR fan - I think it's a very good toothpaste!

(That probably proves your point... )

Reply to
David Jackson

The message from "kim" contains these words:

Not round here - none left!

Reply to
Colin Reeves

"Steve W" skrev i meddelandet news:43270f97$0$1283$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net...

confusion ? not really, always thought that the GNR (NI ) was >THE railway :) beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

There'll be panic buying of food tomorrow, you watch. Happened last time. Some stupid cow in front of me will have 24 loaves of bread piled on top of her shopping trolley.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

If this cow is so stupid, how comes she'll be in front of *you*?

There must be an all-night supermarket somewhere round your way?

Nip out now and buy all their bread. Then, when you go down tomorrow to get the rest of your stuff, you won't have any cows, stupid or otherwise with 24 loaves in front of you.

Besides which, if you buy a year's supply of everything while you're at it tonight, you'll be ahead of the game, and you won't have to go out at all tomorrow. You can stay at home and laugh at all the panic buyers.

See how I take care of you, Kim.

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

No 'panic' here at all - A120, Colchester, Essex. Filled up this morning within

3 minutes.

It's all media 'hype' anyway - where are the promised 'mass demonstrations'??

David.

Reply to
David French

In article , snipped-for-privacy@notigg.not.no writes

I could use a set of those, and have toyed with the idea of casting/painting some up. For example:

"I am manoeuvring with difficulty"

would be to follow

"I am taking on board or discharging dangerous cargo."

Reply to
Chris Brown

There is a story possibly apochriphal (probably not) of a second mates wife arriving to find the bed decked with flags, cannot remember the letters but in interco it stood for 'permission granted to lay alongside'

Reply to
Mike

That's some expensive deli!

That won't please the Irish, who are otherwise all metric.

Reply to
MartinS

Not in this case. I do get a bit of a discount for being over 55 and not driving to work, but location is by far the biggest factor. A female over

30 with a clean record gets a pretty good rate.
Reply to
MartinS

I should explain that food is ludicrously expensive in the UK compared to North America. From the price of chicken you would think it was an endangered species.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

Someone's got to pay for the profits the supermarkets make! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I've seen some bizarre assertions on this newsgroup, but this has to take the (ludicrously expensive) biscuit!

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

If bird flu gets over here, and going by what happened during the last foot and mouth epidemic, chickens will be an endangered species.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan