Opening a Bachmann WD 2-8-0

Can anybody tell me how to get the body off a Bachmann 2-8-0 please? I have not been able to work it out yet and its driving me crazy because I don't want to break, snap or otherwise ruin any part of the loco or chassis. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Manxcat

Reply to
Manxcat

I just had to do this, and I had to be v brave at one point 'cause I couldn't figure it out either. You have to remove one of the screws at the front of the loco on the underside underneath the pony truck, and IIRC one at the back as well. The top seems to stick to the chassis quite firmly, plus there are components of the valve gear that poke through the running plate either side of the boiler, these have to be pushed down to allow the chassis to come free. I found I had to ease it from the chassis with a fair bit of force, I wasn't comfortable having to do it I can tell you.

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

"Manxcat" wrote

There are instructions on the Bachmann website at

Towards the bottom of the page is a section marked 'Body Removal' - note as well as removing the screws indicated you need to detach the cab handrails.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Success !! Thanks guys, your assistance is much appreciated.

Reply to
Manxcat