Re-numbering the Bach 66

Does any one know how to re-number one of the current 66135 Bachmann class

66 locos? I have one and fancy another but don't want to wait probably till next year before we see another EWS 66 from china. So how hard is it going to be?
Reply to
Piemanlager

"Piemanlager" wrote

The next batch is supposedly due in November.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I was looking on the Bachman website yesterday and it says the 2-6-0 Ivatt which initially was due for April, then may is now listed as sept!

I don't hold much hope for another EWS 66 this year!

Thanks though John for the encouragement!

Reply to
Piemanlager

"Piemanlager" wrote

It's been scheduled for Deptember or October for some time.

I'm certain there will be another batch. 66135 is sold out virtually everywhere and whatever you may think of Bachmann's business plans I cannot believe they will miss and opportunity to re-issue an EWS 66 especially as it will only involve producing a fresh painting mask to allow for the renumbering.

As for renumbering 66136 I think you'll probably have to repaint the Gold area and obliterate the original EWS lettering and the numbers and then apply some (Fox?) transfers.

John.

Reply to
John Turner