Sea Moss - Latin name?

Hi

Can anyone give me the Latin name for Sea Moss, the dried plant that is used to make model trees please? I think Greenscenes sell it, but I can't find out the Latin name which I need for another purpose!

Many thanks.

Mikey K LEBW

Reply to
Mike Kerslake

Chondrus crispus

Also known as Carrageen or Irish Moss.

Been asked here before.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

| > Can anyone give me the Latin name for Sea Moss, the dried plant that is | > used to make model trees please? I think Greenscenes sell it, but I can't | > find out the Latin name which I need for another purpose! | | Chondrus crispus | | Also known as Carrageen or Irish Moss. | | Been asked here before. | | (kim) |

Well, there is also Seafoam, (Teloxys Aristata) which is also used to make trees - just bought some seeds myself and need to figure out how to grow them. So if anyone has done this before, how about a couple of growing tips?

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor

TVM :-)

I thought it had as well, but my personal group archive didn't turn it up. I tried Google Groups with the Latin name and have found a thread in November 2004 which helps big time.

Thanks again.

Mikey K

Reply to
Mike Kerslake