Where and when - No 3

Alive and well in the Conference, John! See

for proof. I assume they were reincarnated at some stage!

John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Vangelis (Evanghelos Odyssey Papathanassiou) is from Greece!

Reply to
MartinS

And the first word I think of when someone mentions Stanley is...

knife.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Masson

.........Bowie >>>>>>>>>>

.........David >>>>>>>>>>

.........Goliath >>>>>>>>>

Sorry....

Robt P.

Reply to
robert.pollard2

Doctor

Reply to
Eric DeBurgh

I presume?

Reply to
MartinS
*What* is the first word people think of.

Reply to
Bissell

ONE OF MY VERY OCCASIOAL POSTS

Having never been to Accrington but having a head full of useless information, I'd have to say the "Norri". Ok I have to admit it. Besides being a rail enthusiast, I'm also a brick collector. Yes the red shiny "Accrington Norri" red engineering brick. Not much to to boast about really. A Brick. Oh! and the brick kiln's chimney that had NORRI written down (Or Could that be UP?) it.

Regards The Three Rivers Rambler

Reply to
The Three Rivers Rambler.

Er... yes... nowhere near Accrington though

Reply to
Steve Moore

~~~~~~

NORI (Our outside lav was made of them)

They also did a STEEL - honest.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Me to, Dad was always on about them, being a builder.

Make friends in the hobby. Keith Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

NORI. As in Accy Nori bricks. (I nearly got a job there)Probably an urban legend, but the NORI bit came about because the brick mould makers cocked up and reversed the word "iron". BTW, Accy Stanley's Crown Ground is in view of the Accy brick plant! Cheers, Mick p.s. ANyone who's tried to drill into an Accy Nori brick would know all about how hard they are!

Reply to
Mick Bryan

Thick as a Yorkshireman!

Reply to