Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fairs fair ...
Bachmann change the DCC socket on their latest locos and not a word on this newsgroup ? DCC ready but are there many decoders available ? Did Bachmann announce it ? Got to buy an adapter for current...
25
25

Hornby face lift
Looks like Hornby have had a home page facelift i like the new look kindest regards Simon judd
50
50

Seen on the WCML...
Demonstrating my usual ignorance of such matters, what please is a "CARWAGGON"? I've heard of a "cargowaggon" but that's not what it said on the sides. It was a long train and all the wagons had the...
10
10

OT: Slots on railways for timetable planning
Slightly OT, and one for those with operational knowledge of real railways: Can anyone provide me with an explanation of how 'slots' work for planning timetables? TIA, Ian J.
5
5

Marklin HO & Z scale For Sale
I have listed about a 150 Marklin HO & Z scale items for sale on ebay. These auctions will end tomorrow December 3, 2006. Please cleck on this link to see the pictures and the listings: Bill
53
53

Crikey! She's a beaut!
For those of you who are wondering what arrived this morning, go to
42
42

Trams for thems thats interested
'Biler Bill' has just uploaded a series of quite large and recently taken pics of Blackpool trams on

Roche drawing info request
I found some notes in an old note book relating to an LMS 6 wheeled furniture van truck, based I believe on one of the Roche drawings. My notes suggest a wheelbase of approx 16 feet with a body about...
18
18

New Dapol Voyager
Is this : close coupling ? However, I am very impressed with the rest of the look of the model. Lets hope it is a much better model that the OO Pendalino....
16
16

What awful weather we are having
I have just looked at the 5-day weather forecast for this area, and it is very wet until Wednesday. That is a great shame. I have just taken delivery of a wonderful steam locomotive model, and I'd...
3
3

Radii of Peco Streamline Code 75 curved points
As I think I may have mentioned here before, I am designing a layout for a friend based on the S&DJR from the 1950 - 1960 period, using as a basis a plan that was in the Toddler from the early 1990's....
21
21

New Heljan at Warley?
According to a posting on the RMWeb forum, Heljan will be announcing a Class 58 and a Class 17. I have no inside knowledge on this, I am just forwarding something posted elsewhere! Del
27
27

Class J 39
Hi Can anybody tell me if the J39 class loco's where ever in a green livery? Many thanks Roger.
4
4

Interesting Web Site
Came across this. It refers to real railways rather than models (although there are models in it) but may be of interest. http://www.ropeofair.com/
1
1

New stuff from Bachmann
All arrived in stock this morning:- Class 108 dmu (blue/grey) Class 108 dmu (green - destination box/not 4-character) Class 66 Freightliner Class 66 EWS (with DIGITAL SOUND) - RRP £157.70 OBA with...
6
6