Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Holt Model Railways
I've just noticed from their advert in the December (published early November) Model Rail that Holt Model Railways take very long holidays. Apparently they are "closed until August 12th for annual...
3
3

Dapol / Kitmaster Kits
Can anyone tell me something about these kits please? Can they build a working model? Regards Peter A
6
6

120 MARKLIN HO & Z Scale Items For Sale
I have listed about 120 Marklin HO & Z items for Sale on eBay. To see the pictures and the listings click on this link: Bill . http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40
2
2

So should I pass it on ?
Bought a Hornby Duchess a few months ago, from a trade stand at a train fayre. was a good price £60 and just the one I wanted - Duchess of Buccleuch. Loco and box in mint condition. Had never met...
39
39

Bachmann Fairburn / DCC
Hi, Just finished running in my bachmann fairburn loco, and want to fit the DCC chip. Instructions state to just plug it in, with no mention of removing the inductors and capacitors that are littered...
2
2

MDF or plywood which is best? - and other questions.
I've got the job of making the test tracks for my local (American interest) club and need some help. We've decided that in order to accommodate at least 4 different scales (O, HO and N with 10.7mm...
15
15

Hornby buys Airfix and Humbrol paints
Announced this morning: David
72
72

Laying ballast foam ?
When laying foam ballast, is it better to do short sections at a time or try and do long sections ? Any help on this would be appreciated. TIA.
3
3

Hornby Platform Sections
I had a pleasant surprise today when I discovered that with the aid of a piece of 5mm ply acting as a load distributor I could kneel on the platform beneath without any damage or even funny noises (...

Model railway electronics.
I have designed a section controller that slows down or stops a train in the current section if the next section or section after it are busy. I have also designed a shuttle controller that looks...
2
2

60 MARKLIN Items For Sale
I have listed about 60 Marklin HO items on ebay. Click on this link to see the pictures and listings: ship worldwide. Thanks, Bill http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40

Layout design
I've not posted here for a while, simply because I've had to more-or-less abandon my hobby through a complete lack of space. However, thanks to some long, hard thinking, I have found space for a...
70
70

Best 4mm 08?
Ok, out of touch a bit, both the Bachnamm and Hornby 08's have been out for some time now, what is the best, scale wise as well as slow running etc. What issues do each have, is one mechanically...
34
34

Ratio Boiler House
I thought I saw a boilerhouse/pumphouse kit by Ratio other than the 508, this one had a brick built chimney, I think the chimney was also available as a separate item too, but can't seem to find it...
1
1

for sale
layout all DCC chipped contact for more details Steve