Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Model Rail - Basic Techniques
2 page article in August Model Rail on how to paint (model) animals. Am speechless. Cheers, Simon
8
8

Working brake gear?
I wonder if there are any exmaples of working brake gear out there, presumably in the larger scales, such that if a train becomes divided, the broken-away portion will come to a halt? I have conceived...

Block Instruments
I wonder if anybody has produced the semblance of block instruments (Clear / Blocked / Train On) by using cheap radio control servos to swing the pointer? Also, would these servos move fast enough to...
2
2

BBC 4 (tv) Programme on model Raiways Tonight Weds 23/1
I would have missed this if it hadn't been mentioned on the Radio, maybe some others will have. BBC 4 . The Joy of (train) Sets. The Model Railway Story. 21.00 to 22.0 23/1 /2013. Probably be on the I...
9
9

RM digital subscription
Anyone got one? Do you access it on line only or can you download and keep it locally? What's the useability and quality like? MBQ
5
5

Hornby 2013 range.
An E Mail from my nephew has alerted to me to the release of what Hornby intend to release in their 2013 range,I think he is already making up a wish list for Christmas 2013. Any comments on what they...
9
9

Bachmann Crab 'n'
Anyone tell me how to remove the body from the loco. Its the new or latest n guage from Farish/Bachmann. Have looked at instructions but they only show for tender. Cheers, Simon

No BRM Annual this year :-)
Only just found out, not published until March 2013. I though the RM annual was disappointing last year and will probably not buy this year. MBQ
1
1

Magazines - free to good home
Hiya I have the following model mags to clear out of my roof space, and am offer ing them free to anyone who would genuinely find them of use. You would need to collect them from me (5 heavy boxes),...

Coach lighting
For years, modellers have wrestled with the problem of providing steady lighting in passenger coaches, especially with DC. Most systems, home-made or commercial, have relied on batteries, either...
19
19

Resurrecting something different.
Bored today, laid up with shingles so not doing much. Decided to finally have a look at the Every Ready tube train I acquired about 5 years ago just out of curiosity and see if would actually run. The...
11
11

How do you clean steel?
I've got some steel (unfortunately not stainless) rulers, and they are getting a bit unreadable now because of al the dirt and some rust that has grown on them. Obviously I need to clean them, and I...
27
27

Does anybody know the true origin of the Hornby Class 37 No. D6843
-- I have owned this fairly plain all BR., green, grey roof (not blue Grey but, say; shark grey) complete with BRc (Ferret and Dart Board) Logo bearing a small (as in real life it did have) yellow...
10
10

L&Y Railway control numbers (on brake vans)
Folks, Back in the dim and distant when men were men and all the good railways started in Lancashire the L&Y introduced a scheme of control numbers that they'd paint on the side of their goods brakes....
7
7

Manchester Model Railway Society Exhibition
Hi you guys out there. This weekend you can visit the best model rail exhibition seen in Manchester 2012 The Exhibition is on Saturday 6th/ Sunday 7th October 2012 at the Armitage Centre, Moseley...