Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tig Welder Selection
I realize this is probably asked often, but I will continue nonetheless. I am in the market for a new TIG machine. I am not a newbie (about 10 years experience), so I understand what to look for in a...
4
4

Good Quality Chinese imports in UK
I have been looking at a site today which sells good quality inverter welders which they import from China. They look very good and they come with a 2 year warranty. May be worth a look if your in the...

Lincoln SA-200 - How to dismount engine from generator end?
Can anybody clue me in as to how the generator is mated to the rear of the crankshaft? I have a manual for the Continental F162 engine but no documentation for the welder. Thanks, Vernon
4
4

welding shade numbers
Can anyone tell me whether the welding shade scale is linear, or whether it's something else? I was wondering if #3 flash goggles under a #10 hood equal a #13 filter, or if it's something less....
5
5

Solar Power to provide 220 to barn for welding, etc.
Solar power panels usually charge a bank (or banks) of batteries so you'll have power available at night and on cloudy days. It's certainly possible to setup a 220V solar system. Only you can decide...
24
24

Looking for Elektra Beckum Pocket Pro 110 UM
I have had this welder for a while. It is a small MIG welder and I amd currently using flux core in it. I am looking for a User manual for it. Thank You
3
3

Adaptation of Golf Cart Starter Generator
I am interested in adapting a small engine starter/generator such as might be found on a golf cart or lawn tractor to fit my Lincoln SA 200 welder (old enough to never have had a starter - or ring...
6
6

EconoTig pulse controller
--Give me a holler if it works! :-) Option #2 is to upgrade to a Miller Dynasty and I'm reluctant to lay out the dough too!
8
8

Favorite Helmet
Hey gang: I've been away from the group for a while. My auto-dark (Wal-Mart Special) helmet has died a terrible death. It just doesn't seem to auto-darken to the extent it should, so I've given up on...
13
13

Schematic for Econotig control board?
Does anyone have this schematic?
5
5

Lincoln "coffee grinder" DC stick welder
A couple of years ago I posted an inquiry about an old Lincoln 3 phase "R2D2" welder I bought on ebay. Specifically, I'm wondering whether anybody has ever managed to spin one of the things from some...
12
12

Tombstone or miller
Hi, I need to know how a lincoln *tombstone* ac/dc machine compares to a miller thunderbolt xl. I would rather the lincoln but there are no more here and the shop can't give a definitive answer on...
2
2

Weld-Pak 100
Kinda lurk here mostly , but I have a Weldpak 100 , as does a good friend . We both like ours ... but then both of us have added the gas shielding kit (usually around 75 bucks on ebay) and burn ER70S6...
8
8

Welders Glass for viewing Solar Eclipse
I've been given Welder's glass with the following stamped on it, EN169 11 MUREX Anyone know if these are safe for viewing a Solar Eclipse? Thanks
18
18

arc welder
I want to buy an arc welder for the home shop.Would a Lincoln 225 amp a/c buzz box be a good selection for someone that does not have much skill at arc welding? With alot of practice,practice,practice...
10
10

homebrew CNC plasma cutter - crazy?
I have an unused Numonics 5460 pen plotter that I used for Autocad stuff back in my land surveyor days. I wonder if I could use the electronics and controls to drive a home-made carriage over a 24" x...
8
8

H bridge cross conduction (TIG inverter)
Or relevance to is a question of how much current "leak" would not trigger turn off of the high frequency arc starter. ====================================================================== So, now I...

newby pipewelding advice - stick welding - always 6010/6011?
Hello everyone A friend and I are now both trying to learn pipewelding. He is being shown how to do the root-run with a *rutile* rod - a 6013. Showed him how to do 6010 & 6011 "keyholing" V-butt on...

Cooking Bag Inert Gas Welding
Has anyone tried to weld inside a turkey baking bag purged with argon? It seems that it could be used in a pinch for small items. Maddog
6
6

TIG welding molybdenum ??
I know I should learn to walk first, but can one TIG weld molybdenum components with conventional equipment ? Steve
2
2