Forklift Hook Adaptor, good for 5,000 lbs?

Even at your distance, I bet its less work to do online. I place my Mcmaster order at the end of the day. Its waiting on my door step the next morning.

Don't know how they do it. Magic, I guess. Haven't found another vendor that comes close.

Karl

Reply to
karltownsend.NOT

Well, I get my stuff in one hour if I go there.

I place orders for small stuff that I do not need urgently, and go there otherwise.

Ignoramus18557

I will relegate my current hook to lifting

With respect, and IMHO, Willingness to compromise safety and safety regulation is a dangerous attitude which displays lack of professionalism, knowledge and experience. It is the attitude that justifies driving home drunk because we only do it occasionally and taxis are too expensive. It convinces us that is acceptable to use a damaged sling if it is de-rated because new slings are so expensive. It causes us to use crappy chains for lifting because that's what is easily available. It causes us to slide under a vehicle suspended on jacks because we do not have enough sound blocking available. It becomes standard procedure and a substitute for proper planning.

In this case I suggest that, you will be safer and in better regulatory compliance if you just use a nylon or polyester sling to barrel or clove hitch or double wrap basket around one or both forks. If required, a ratchet strap can be used to secure the sling to the back of the fork

Please destroy the attachment you built, for the same reason that we cut the eyes of damaged slings, which is to prevent use by others who do not recognize or cannot judge the reduced safe capacity.

Good luck, YMMV

Reply to
Private
[ ... ]

Well ... MSC can have my order to me by mid-afternoon (when UPS delivers in my particular area) even if I phone in my order as late as

8:00 PM or sometimes 9:00 PM (I wind up talking to someone in Nevada or California when I call that late.) Calling at 8:00 AM would probably not get it to me any quicker, because it is tied to the time UPS comes by my area.

And -- MSC is happy to supply me with a massively thick catalog each year, while McMaster Carr is rather stingy with their catalogs. So I go to MSC by preference.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Reply to
Steve B

You have more things going here than you realize, Ig.

The width between the tines during actual use. The distance of the lifting device from the mast during use. The strength of the pad eye with the hole cut near the edge. The rated load of the hook/swivel assembly. The working load of your forklift. The tine/age/condition/SWL of the tines. The tilt angle at which you will work. The height you will lift the load. Lastly, what's to keep if from sliding around on the tines? Respectfully, it all looks suspect.

5,000# is a lot of anything to drop, and it never turns out good.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Steve B wrote: .

That's only about 20 250 pound politicians. What's wrong with dropping them? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 26 Dec 2011

23:59:36 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Everything is airdroppable at least once.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

MAXim 232: TTL to RS-232 converter. ;-)