Reliable Tools

In Irwindale, CA. Anyone have any experience doing business with them? Good, bad?
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 19:06:53 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Ive purchased a lot of stuff from them, both for myself, and for my clients.
Generally Id give them a 95% rating
Gunner

http://www.briancad.itgo.com /

It sure looks like the screwed the fuck out of this guy. What was the result when Reliable Tools failed to show up for mediation? Based on this I'd only pick-up from them as I don't trust them to ship.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 08:50:21 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer

Holy fuck! Thats absolutely inexcusable!!!!
Gunner

A real shame.
I don't think any kind of insurance would possibly make good on it, either.
I have that model shizuoka, a pretty nice piece, we installed a heidenhain tnc360 control on it with original servos and amps
I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner
-0700 in alt.machines.cnc :

    So.. "mostly reliable" to "highly reliable"?
tschus pyotr
I couldn't help it, been up all night at work, it's been snowing on and off since midnight, "I'm on my off!" (taking a week's vacation) and I've got church in an hour. Weeee! -- pyotr filipivich "I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed over walking into the saloon, because when I asked the bartender whether they served zombies he said, Sure, what'll you have?'" from I Hear America Swinging by Peter DeVries
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 07:57:04 -0800, pyotr filipivich

Yes. Items are pretty well described, with few notable issues being undisclosed to be found later. And they have been quite good about issue resolution, in at least one case, refunding all monies, including shipping of a rather large shear that had a fraction of the backplane that NO one was able to spot, until the machine was used to maximum capacity. It would have required magnafluxing the entire machine to have found it, shrug.

Ive been running the A/C for the past 2 days.
Gunner
I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch
in alt.machines.cnc :

    Sounds good. Now if I need machinery, and lived near there ... :-)

    That alternating current is some powerful stuff.
pyotr

-- pyotr filipivich "I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed over walking into the saloon, because when I asked the bartender whether they served zombies he said, Sure, what'll you have?'" from I Hear America Swinging by Peter DeVries
I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch
in alt.machines.cnc :

    Someplace to put it all. I've my eye on a five acre plot about twenty minutes out of town. Will have to log off a clearing first, but Carlin (who is a youth of 24) thinks that sort of stuff is "fun." Kids! ... :-)
tschus pyotr -- pyotr filipivich "I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed over walking into the saloon, because when I asked the bartender whether they served zombies he said, Sure, what'll you have?'" from I Hear America Swinging by Peter DeVries
On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 14:14:19 -0700, Gunner Asch

I have purchased a few items from Reliable, one of them a VMC. There were a couple issues that came up and those were resolved between us.
However I am currently the height bidder on this auction.
http://tinyurl.com/3rg9nz
I drove over to Reliable today to view it about 5 hours ago.
They describe the unit as:
"The back of the unit has some scratches but the rest of the machine looks pristine."
Upon viewing it today this item is NOT pristine. One of the front covers is broken off the top mounting bracket. The back cover has a oval about 18"L x 4"w hole knocked out and looks like clear RTV was used to glue it back in place. Cause looks like a fall from about 4ft or something heavy falling on it.
I am curious if it happened after the photos, when they put it on the pallet where I viewed it and didn't notify a supervisor, or?
Tom
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:55:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Photos of the back
http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p4200204zr3.jpg
http://img444.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p4200203fc9.jpg
Tom
On Apr 21, 3:55 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Yeah, it's a little hard to get excited about a piece of metrology equipment that looks like it took part in a destruction derby!
If the price stays down in that range, it might be worth the extra cost to get a guy from Hexagon to come out and do a quick mechanical check.
How much does that machine cost new?
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:00:04 -0800, Jon Anderson

Mr. Anderson,
I recommend care, I think half the people working there are gorillas. Problem being I don't know which half. They seem to do an OK job for most items, however for items that need to be handled with care I inspect first and have someone else lift and rig for shipment.
Tom

My personal experiences are where I inspected an item on date A and compared it to viewing on date B all while still on their property and under their control.
Tom

I was referring to all instances, experiences of mine with Reliable.
Now if we limit the discussion to this ONE machine, they took photos for the listing on Date A and I took mine yesterday approximately 8 or so days later.
The machine is sitting within a few feet of where both sets of photos (mine and theirs) were taken. The only difference is mine were taken after it was removed from the surface plate and put on that pallet. That move is the time frame I believe the damage occurred.
I have never seen Reliable intentionally misrepresent the condition of an item but I have seen items damaged while under their control. I would not be surprised if some of that damage is not reported to the office and ultimately has been blamed on others such as riggers/shippers/carriers. I always have expensive or sensitive items inspected prior to loading.
Tom

Thanks for the feedback.
Jon Banquer San Diego, CA
On Friday, April 18, 2008 7:06:53 PM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Out of business as 2/3/2014 filed chapter 7 bankruptcy