Citect Scada

When installing Citect Scada 5.5 on a XP-computer I get problems when trying to run the Computer Setup Wizard. I get the error message:

Cannot continue with setup Unable to open master.dbf Check USER path in Citect INI file If you have not run Citect Explorer before, do so before running again

I find no errors in the .INI file and the master.dbf is accesible when Citect isn't running anyway.

Any suggestions???

Reply to
Magnus J

We have v5.5 running on XP SP1 here just fine and have never had a problem. You'll have to talk to the guys at Citect Support for that one..

It looks like a permissions issue to me. Are you using SP2? Did you stop any AV utilities before starting the install??

Cameron:-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough

We are using XP with SP2. Norton AV was running during install. I agree that it looks like a permission issue, looks like the application itself locks the file? I also tried to install the Citect service pack B.

Magnus

"Cameron Dorrough" skrev i meddelandet news:cj8e5b$smm$ snipped-for-privacy@perki.connect.com.au...

Reply to
Magnus J

Magnus, I think Citect has issues with XP2 (like most other PC-based industrial software), but Norton AV will stuff the install for certain. Turn off Norton AV and try again.

Cameron:-)

Reply to
Cameron Dorrough

Citect representatives has confirmed the problem with XP2. The workaround is to start the wizard separately (also valid for communication wizard). Apparently a new release (6.x) will be out soon that will fix these problems.

Magnus

"Cameron Dorrough" skrev i meddelandet news:cja8ir$kqg$ snipped-for-privacy@perki.connect.com.au...

Reply to
Magnus J