Anyone have the stats on how much power the normal computer uses?

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 23:39:03 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

No dipshit. As usual, you adjust facts to make yourself look "good". Yeah... you look like a good retard, boy.

I plonked you ONE time. It was a test. You failed. In this post... you lied. Not much has changed about how lame you are.

Reply to
DarkMatter

What's the matter FecalMatter? Can't you handle a dissenting opinion? I really like your new nickname! Let's add it to the list:

DimBulb TardMatter Don'tMatter DickMatter DarkBlather FecalMatter and more!

Reply to
Ross Mac

He DID use the word Usenet....not PC and not BBS.... You really should put down that bong...it severly clouds your posting and judgement kid!

Reply to
Ross Mac

Yeah...just ask him....he knows more about everything and anything than anyone. Fire up that bong kid and try to sell us the Golden Gate Bridge!............

Reply to
Ross Mac

discussions

Such a wonderful command of the language! It REALLY helps to make your sorry case doper boy. Loosen up that rubber helmet and break out a dictionary you monosyllabic prevaricating troll!

Reply to
Ross Mac

Make it up as you go....I have seen your plonk announcements for some time now! Interesting, first you call me an old man, then boy...well what is it ya rubber helmeted, bicycle pantsed, bong yielding, toothless woosy boy???

Reply to
Ross Mac

That's not true.

By bottom posting, you know exactly what I am referring to. If I had top posted "that's not true" you would not know.

Reply to
ehsjr

Are you saying,

the usenet that you imply wasnt there in 1992 was accessed through a bbs? interesting contradiction

or are you saying that access to usenet though a bbs does not count?

or are you saying that without PCs there was no usenet?

or are you saying that for the 2 years until the first ibm pc was made usenet was a figment of a small band of peoples imagination?

or that I`ve only ever accessed usenet on a pc and then only after 1992

just wondered Col.

PS it scares me to think you ever had anything to do with any millitary anywhere. still it might have been your parents I suppose ( who incidently should never have been alowed to breed) My god I have sunk to your level on this, my last post in this thread. Still never mind ;-)

Reply to
Col

It is indeed cause to wonder when someone who claims to have been using Usenet that long says they've always top posted and never saw it any other way or heard any complaints. That is utterly ridiculous! And it is all the more foolish given that we all have access to the google archives and can go *look* at how it was being done "13+" years ago.

I just now took a look at about 50 articles from the first few months of this group's existence in 1995. 1 top posted article, and that was a 1 liner, quoting only 3 lines of text and telling the guy he was in the wrong newsgroup.

I then went back to 1990, and pulled up a dozen threads that had more than 10 articles. Not a single article that I saw used top posting.

In fact, one can search for "top posting" or for "bottom posting", and discover that *neither* of term was even used (with the meaning we are talking about) on Usenet until about

1997, and didn't become common until 1998... which incidentally coincides with Microsoft finally having discovered The Internet and we became plagued with people using Outhouse Express under the mistaken impression that it was a newsreader...

Incidentally, I've been on Usenet a bit longer than any 13 years, and what I found on google's archives confirmed exactly what I remembered. I don't think Col is a retard, nor simply mistaken either. He's a liar.

Reply to
Floyd Davidson

Do I detect a "Troll Tagteam" here? On one side we have "Floyd The Bear Humpin' Anal Retentive" and "Dark The Retard Baby Bullshit Usenet Plonkin Fecal Matter" versus anyone who does not conform to their wishes?????

Reply to
Ross Mac

Sorry floyd but when did I say or imply "says they've always top posted and never saw it any other way or heard any complaints" I said, to quote

"top posting does it really matter for gods sake?

Am I the only old annorak whos been using usenet for 13+ yrs in one form or another that isnt offended by the dreaded top posting, it saves my scroll wheel a lot of work. ;-)"

Where are you comming from? I know its late/early but come on.

col.

Reply to
Col

I still vote for top posting.

Reply to
Kilowatt

Sorry. I understand where the missunderstanding comes in now. You seem to think I give a f*ck what you think. This is very wrong.

Reply to
Kilowatt

Reply to
Kilowatt

Reply to
B J Conner

You missed his point. If he was seeing top posting in '92, he was on a BBS because in '92 virtually *nobody* was using top posting on Usenet.

"Usenet came into being in late 1979, shortly after the release of V7 Unix with UUCP."

Learn to either attribute the sources of what you copy, or at least re-write it in your own words.

Incidentally, V7 was released in July of 1979, but UUCP had been around for 3 years by then, and Version 2 (UUCP as we know it) was released in 1977. Hence I wouldn't impart quite the connection your bit of plagiarism does...

Reply to
Floyd Davidson

message

It's FecalMatters one page dictionary!....If he was in the military he would have been fragged and we wouldn't have to read his vitreolic posts!......

Reply to
Ross Mac

Of course not. His mother couldn't have had enough "clients" (it's amazing she had *one*). Look at your taxes, and that's where you'll find the source of the DimBulbs.

Reply to
Keith R. Williams

Ummm, actually no, you did.

That would make them about CDN$500, the same number I used for my calculation

My 19" Dell is 180W, I just checked 10 seconds ago.

I do not live in the Tennesse Valley either, I live in Toronto. I pay CDN $0.092 per kWh.

Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. But there are LCD monitors which draw 0.75A @ 100v-120v, see

I won't, I'll dump it on the front lawn.

Not likely.

No, I pick up the phone and tell the city I'd like a bulk pick-up, which was free the last time I used it.

Maybe someone will pick it up from my front lawn?

Why did you put your phone number on your garbage?

Well, they are kinda cool.

I don't see how that would help, but before I finish this email, I'll have done both. Anything else I should do to help you look smarter?

So you lied to your son? Or was it just that you didn't know what you were talking about?

I don't know how you treat your car, or what kind of tires you buy. But something obviously isn't right, you've done this for how many seasons? I get many years out of my performance (not exactly known to be long lasting) tires, probably 60-70,000 kms. I'm a 23yr old single male, I drive an Audi A4, and yeah, I do take it to the limits.

You're paying too much IMO.

So it all averages out?

BTW, since you never corrected my initial calculations, I'll assume they're correct. Oh and before I forget, now that I've completed my accounting course, and plugged in your values, I can tell you it's going to take you about 5.55 years to recoup the additional cost of your LCD monitor.

Romy

Reply to
Romy

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 23:48:59 GMT, "Ross Mac" Gave us:

You need to learn to read threads, dipshit. You are lost.

Reply to
DarkMatter